NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMITBE said:
On another level, I'm not posting comments nor levels for the Nifty for now.
The reason is, the forum is not a place for learning as it once was.
Anyone serious about trading their hard earned money need to invest in learning at least some basics of the market, TA, FA etc.
I'm a student and a learner, and at this point this forum is not answering my needs.
Perhaps some debate could evolve on these issues.

Thank you all for all the learning and sharing.
AMIT Ji,

This is shocking news for all the new comers. Ofcourse there will be lot of people just to utilise this forum for their personal gains insted of Learning TA, but that shouldn't stop you teaching the TA to the other people who are really interested to learn and play with it. This is purely my personal openion and you are the boss to call the shots.

Hope you will be here for giving clarifications atleast on the TA issues to all the people.

All the best.

Srini - London

Dear Amit,

When I came to this forum, I had no idea of stock selection and all this terms like pivot etc etc.. Now with Your's and Saint's lessons, I have learned quiet a lot. Looking at charts, I get a feel of that counter's motions and I can tell you the truth with a pride, Probably, I have one of the best portfolio for medium (3-6 months) term prospects. All the credit goes to you and Sain't teaching.

Though, you might have noticed that I keep mum on the use of technical words etc... and when I find a chart interesting, I get an expert advise from you and Saint so that I can translate all those words in the language of Physics (as I am a Atmospheric Physics Scientist) and the way I treat the trend and adjustment analysis, But, I do gain a lot from your method and Saint's method of analysis.

So, in a nut-shell, my request with You BOTH 'Amit & Saint', Please don't think of giving up on teaching us. There are severl getting benefits from you. Keep the GREAT work up.

My Best Wishes & Regards,

Alok.

Hi Amit
Its very sad that you feel that all of us here read your posts for trading benefits and not learning. I have not traded the last 7 months but have been reading your posts everyday. I have learnt a lot from your posts trying to read between the lines. I thank you for the education i have recieved. I humbly request you to please continue with your posts in this thread. Its ok if we do not get a complete list of levels for nifty but atleast information on what is driving the market. We still need to learn about many fundamental factors like crude prices , gold , USD.

pkjha30

AMITBE said:
The reason is, the forum is not a place for learning as it once was.
Anyone serious about trading their hard earned money need to invest in learning at least some basics of the market, TA, FA etc.
I'm a student and a learner, and at this point this forum is not answering my needs.
Perhaps some debate could evolve on these issues.

Thank you all for all the learning and sharing.
HI to all Forum Members and especially to Amit

This is a serious point raised above.If forum degenerates in to another tip giving site(earlier in some post Aimt had hinted at "one line wonders") then the essence of forum is gone. Its not about trading or investing but sharing their knowledge and learning to share with others. Those who think it is a successful site for tips aresadly mistaken. The site has been enriched by the efforts of many knowledgeable members such as Saint, Amitbe, Satya,Murthy,Supratik, joy, amitkr and many more. Others also would have gained knowledge and invested wisely due to this forum. If they are in distress, help is available at hand. but this should not become run of the mill tip giving site. I fully share the anguish of Amit that it is not answering this need.

Personally , I always used to read at least a few threads for two reasons:
1. To understand the ways of Market , how it is reflecting the growth of Indian Economy and to what extent.
2. To understand the bright side of Human nature of being social and rational aminal take joy and pride in sharing and caring for each other even when one doesn't see other members in flesh and blood.

For me knowledge is more important and an end in itself and it should make a person better human being. Other things are incidental and consequntial.

Somewhere I gave analogy of Theoretical class and Laboratory class. This particula thread along with Teach a man to fish.. by Saint is to be treated as pure knoweldge thread. For Applied aspect there are other threads Some Good steals, Intermediate uptrend.., Supratik,s thread.

Inevitably , the urge to make money has spawned various coaching classes( One liners) but then as Leibniz would say this is not a perfect world but best of all compossible world. This is what makes it interesting as it always prompts us to evolve for betterment. Some byproducts are to be ignored.

Web is mostly open and attracts multitude of personalities. To filter some would be a mammoth task. So where ever you will go same thing may happen amit. Let us not be discouraged by this.

When market is at an interesting point there is all the more need for your analysis to understand its dynamics. If it saves a few so be it but a record is created which could be used in still better ways.

As always, it is entirely you decision and I respect it. Wish you all the best in all your endeavour.

with regards
Pankaj

Hello Amit,

I have been at Traderji since a year now,and it was a great learning experience...all what i know is purely because of your and Saints lessons and your great attitude to be the guiding light at the forum.Thanks for getting me on this track.....which wouldnt have happened without your guidance.
Its a Great Thread,Please continue posting ....

Thanks and Regards

Roneeth

Hi Amit,

Very sad to see your feelings like this today. Of course I understand. Please calm down. I have immensly benefitted in this forum from the people like you with respect to trading knowledge, And it has given me a deep satisfaction.

In this bullish market so far, it is quite natural that this forum also attracted peolpe looking for easy quick money and also it is natural that self styled masters throng the arena as they find good 'wah wah' people around them. What is not natural to find is the people like you, saint, murthysir, jai, traderji, supra and ...woh.....so many-I am sure have missed some, forming a beautiful good community here toiling and spending their time for others ( a sort of social work), inspiring the members to have good morale, ethics along with good knowledge of what they do.

I am sure people just taking tips and trading will look for you guys, as they get beaten up by the market one day or the other, to pull them out of deep hole they obviously get in.

Please have a look at other members studing your threads as if they are in their primary schools, doing their home works, answering your questions sincerley, willing to work hard and gain knowledge. And so many other members silently learning without expressing themselves here. For the sake of these members you should continue to contribute. This is my humble request.
We are with you.

Regards
chachi

AMITBE

adilsaleem said:
Hi Amit
Its very sad that you feel that all of us here read your posts for trading benefits and not learning. I have not traded the last 7 months but have been reading your posts everyday. I have learnt a lot from your posts trying to read between the lines. I thank you for the education i have recieved. I humbly request you to please continue with your posts in this thread. Its ok if we do not get a complete list of levels for nifty but atleast information on what is driving the market. We still need to learn about many fundamental factors like crude prices , gold , USD.
Adil and Satya...
No, I don't mean what you think.
It's fine by me if the levels posted here are made use of by savvy and experienced players, as levels in either direction are clearly given.

My remarks this morning are more to do with the general 'cultural' bias that this forum is displaying.
They's a lot of shrill noise and clutter regarding tips and what have you.
I suppose we all must know what I'm talking about, and I'm sure we all must be ruing the loss of reputation and prestige that this forum has enjoyed as a center for learning, rather than a hotbed of tips.

Well...as the Buddhists would say, everything rises and passes away.
Newness is simultaniously impermanent.

Then again, as tech-heads would say, every ascend has a measurable pullback.
Ask the distinguished members here like Vinay of Elliott Waves, and gvnarendra and they'll explain this phenomenon in Fibonacci retracement terms!! :)

So...times change. That's all.

I'm always happy to answer TA queries though.

Hi Amit,

There are many, like me, who come to this site only to read and learn from you and Saint. I would definitely feel very sad if you indeed stop posting because of some people who look at your posts as tips. Having said that I know you also must have had a huge tug-of-war with yourself before taking this decision. You please do as your conscience guides you to, and I respect your decision. Wishing you all the very best. I do hope you continue to post as usual.

Warm regards,
Karuna

Status
Not open for further replies.