Nifty bees

Is this a good time to invest in NIFTY BEES with a long time perspective? I am looking at a 5-7-10 year time frame. Can NIFTY BEES be sold just like scrips? Thanks and regards to all.

daitya

Is this a good time to invest in NIFTY BEES with a long time perspective? I am looking at a 5-7-10 year time frame. Can NIFTY BEES be sold just like scrips? Thanks and regards to all.
Hi
Yes, you can start investing in niftybees anytime for long term...but always invest in sip ways..
Till now index has given 16% CAGR :)

Yes niftybees can be sold like scrips..

After extensive research on Value Research and other portals, my personal decision is to stick with Nifty BEES as the core of my portfolio.

I do have actively managed funds in my portfolio in the Large Cap, Mid Cap, Small Cap, Sector and diversified categories. However, I intend to buy a fixed number of Nifty BEES units on the same date every month, kind of like a SIP. I intend to do so for at least 3-5 years and then evaluate.

My question here is does anybody here feel the same way about this? Do you have experience and intent in building a core with an ETF like Nifty Bees or Kotak Nifty etc?

If so, please share here.

Very good question ... :clap: :clap:

Now, a counter-question :

What is Nifty bees ? I have heard of Nifty Pachas (50), Junior Nifty and what not, but never about Nifty bees or chalis for that matter.

So, I googled and got a idea about it (here). It is Nifty BeES - an ETF that is supposed to be listed on NSE.

Can someone please explain it in detail, and with its current and historical values. Thanks in advance.

rajeshn2007

After extensive research on Value Research and other portals, my personal decision is to stick with Nifty BEES as the core of my portfolio.

I do have actively managed funds in my portfolio in the Large Cap, Mid Cap, Small Cap, Sector and diversified categories. However, I intend to buy a fixed number of Nifty BEES units on the same date every month, kind of like a SIP. I intend to do so for at least 3-5 years and then evaluate.

My question here is does anybody here feel the same way about this? Do you have experience and intent in building a core with an ETF like Nifty Bees or Kotak Nifty etc?

Ultimately many investors are understanding the importance of index investments. It is simple and easy method to get "market" returns.

The problem is ETF are giving you almost same returns like Index. They will be never able to beat the index.

So, if Nifty goes up by 10%, i see BEES or M 50 also goes up by same amount.

In mutual funds like equity diversified like HDFC Equity Fund- Growth or Reliance Regular savings fund- equity growth option, these funds are able to beat the index returns by handsome %. Many other funds are able to beat the index.

Rs 1000 invested every month in HDFC Equity Mutual Fund- Growth option starting from Jan 1, 1995 (the date when fund was launched) would have turned to approx whopping Rs 29,00,000 (29 lakhs) by sept 2010- The calculations are there on HDFC Mutual Fund website.

These returns normally happens when valuations in certain scripts go for a toss...like some scripts which are there with fund managers might be trading at 50 PE or 60 PE and that gets reflected on NAV and higher returns.

Index ETF is good for short bounce back- swing trading.

Some of you have suggested investing in NIFTY BEeS in SIP mode. This means that a particular date of the month should be decided upon and the same amount should be invested per month in buying NIFTY ETFs. However, in SIP mode, the number of units are decided as per SIP amount. How can this precision be ensured in buying ETFs? Can ETF quantities be in decimal points to cover the SIP amount exactly like in the case of MF units? Otherwise, in principle, investing might be with SIP philosophy but it will not be a true SIP, in the correct sense of the term. Please share your thoughts on this. Thanks and regards,

rajeshn2007

Some of you have suggested investing in NIFTY BEeS in SIP mode. This means that a particular date of the month should be decided upon and the same amount should be invested per month in buying NIFTY ETFs. However, in SIP mode, the number of units are decided as per SIP amount. How can this precision be ensured in buying ETFs? Can ETF quantities be in decimal points to cover the SIP amount exactly like in the case of MF units? Otherwise, in principle, investing might be with SIP philosophy but it will not be a true SIP, in the correct sense of the term. Please share your thoughts on this. Thanks and regards,
Hi,
SIP in nifty bees is not possible in the strict sense.
1. Fractional shares not possible.
2.No automated purchase like in SIP mutual funds.
3.Manually one has to invest every month on a particular date.

Despite all these drawbacks, nifty bees is a better investment product than individual stocks.