NIFTY BANKNIFTY Zero to Zero Strategy

For time being I have been looking for some strategy which requires minimal time in front of screen. I have one "Mid day break out" system which is very good; but even that I am finding difficult for its night time for me.

I hope this one will turn out great for me and for every one who wants to try it out.

Lets roll. By the way all the trading decisions are on day chart.

I have observed
NIFTY moves from X000 to X200, X200 to X400 etc etc. And BANKNIFTY XX500 to XX000 etc. To state clearly NIFTY will go to 5200 from 5000 or will come to 4800 from 5000. For BANKNIFTY it is from 10000 to 10500 etc.

Now the best way to use this info is to look for reversal or break out on these levels on smaller time frame like 30 minutes. But I want some thing simpler than this.

This is what I have come up with.

Say yesterday NIFTY closed at 4940. And today it closed at 5060. Tomorrow onwards I will look to long NIFTY at 5000.

After that my target will be 5200 and my stop 4950 or a daily close below 5000.

If you come across 3 to 4 consecutive stops, NIFTY is in channel and look to enter trade at break out of next X000 level.

The best thing about this strategy is
1) It works very good in trending market and it should make at least 1000 points on NIFTY yearly basis. I checked it since 2010.
2) It works great on NIFTY options spread. [I will upload options spread strategy for NIFTY soon]
3) With candles around the X000 levels, this strategy is awesome. Traders with daily screen time can exploit it better.

I will come up with charts.

Last edited:
For time being I have been looking for some strategy which requires minimal time in front of screen. I have one "Mid day break out" system which is very good; but even that I am finding difficult for its night time for me.

I hope this one will turn out great for me and for every one who wants to try it out.

Lets roll. By the way all the trading decisions are on day chart.

I have observed
NIFTY moves from X000 to X200, X200 to X400 etc etc. And BANKNIFTY XX500 to XX000 etc. To state clearly NIFTY will go to 5200 from 5000 or will come to 4800 from 5200. For BANKNIFTY it is from 10000 to 10500 etc.

Now the best way to use this info is to look for reversal or break out on these levels on smaller time frame like 30 minutes. But I want some thing simpler than this.

This is what I have come up with.

Say yesterday NIFTY closed at 4940. And today it closed at 5060. Tomorrow onwards I will look to long NIFTY at 5000.

After that my target will be 5200 and my stop 4950 or a daily close below 5000.

If you come across 3 to 4 consecutive stops, NIFTY is in channel and look to enter trade at break out of next X000 level.

The best thing about this strategy is
1) It works very good in trending market and it should make at least 1000 points on NIFTY yearly basis. I checked it since 2010.
2) It works great on NIFTY options spread. [I will upload options spread strategy for NIFTY soon]
3) With candles around the X000 levels, this strategy is awesome. Traders with daily screen time can exploit it better.

I will come up charts.
good analysis
guide good option strategy

saivenkat

Yesterday NIFTY closed below 5200. But today US market went up on Bernank's announcement. Need to watch for shorting NIFTY.

Thanks and its interesting enough to read your approach in taking short term swings..

But then Ben Bernanke is yet another Man Mohan singh... whose announcements will never ever impact the markets.. If it all they have.. it will die soon..like the one ..with which we are to have today.. a short gap up opening...

As expected market moved up and didn't make lower than 5180. So didn't take any short trade; but today if NIFTY breaks below 5180 and stays there for 5 minutes; I will take short trade.

Hi Friends,

Has anyone tried this ? Please share your experience if you tried.

I have been trading this ever since. I did have some whipsaws; however I made very good returns also.

Currently I am trying to improve this and will share once I come across some thing good.

thanks

rkkarnani

Hi Friends,

Has anyone tried this ? Please share your experience if you tried.

I have been trading this ever since. I did have some whipsaws; however I made very good returns also.

Currently I am trying to improve this and will share once I come across some thing good.

thanks
If you have maintained any records of your trades, do share for benefit of all! Otherwise simply Post the Details like, Profit month basis or total, number of trades, profitable trades and loosing trades.