Nifty 2 Points - How to trade

SexyTrader

2 points scalping is so stressful to execute !!

Its a headache to scalp like that ! Better to hold for 7-10 points than to shoot such rapid-fire....there's something called as COMFORT and we need more of that as well :thumb:

@timepass , Thanks again for the suggestion.
Will check Bank Nifty , My overall idea is to get .25 % per day of the capital employed.
For a Rs.100 premium Nifty Option (ATM) getting 50 paise is sufficient , .25 for total transaction charges , .25 for profit. With even a delta of .50 - a ATM option will move .50 for 1 point move in NIFTY. Hence 1 point in NIFTY is enough.

What I was intending is to use some observation to find that the market may not just spike up or down and will remain somewhat stable for the nest few minutes , In this phase quietly and quicky enter and exit the trade. Once a day is also enough.

sumosanammain

Nothing wrong with the Alure -
Of Course there are some considerations - thats why there are these forums to discuss and be cautioned. It would be pleasant if you would support in not making the donation.
Most others in the forum , have considered only 5 - 7 points , thats why thought that 1 - 2 point may be achievable , Zerodha has come in the last couple of years , this may not have been possible without it.

What would be helpful is some experience to highlight how and when to enter the trade.
For 2 points? How about not at all :D

bpr

Someone mentioned "Not Possible at all"
It would be nice to provide some reasoning , as honestly I would like to understand why.

Any other inputs on how / whether / why not to "mini scalp"

Can someone please tell with surety how the SL-L works.
If present market is at 5000 , I place a buy order for 5010 , and sell order 5011 both simultaneously at present. Assuming market does head upwards to 5020 - or whatever more. Will they not get executed flawlessly ? Or is it possible that someone randomly places a sell order at a higher price and my order matches it despite the overall market not being at that point yet ?

And if 300 - 400 lots is a drop in the ocean , then I shouldnt be concerned that the market may quickly head upwards and my order may not get fulfilled despite it crossing the point. That is , the movement may take it to 5020 quickly and my buy order at 5010 will be left unfulfilled as the movement was too soon.
in ur example the buy order is a SL-L order where as the sell is LIMIT order.
If after trigger the market suddenly moves more than limit value then ur buy order may not be executed where as ur sell limit order will always be executed.
This happens rarely but something to take a note of.

Hi aces27,

You started this thread on 06 oct. Today is third trading day since first posting. You got lot of negative suggestions and comments. You have pointed out your trading strategy. There are scalpers who are doing trade for 2 points per trade. But their presence in TJ is less or nil. Even then I doubt they will give go ahead signal for your strategy. Reason is trading is purely personal. No strategy is best.

@timepass , Thanks again for the suggestion.
Will check Bank Nifty , My overall idea is to get .25 % per day of the capital employed.
For a Rs.100 premium Nifty Option (ATM) getting 50 paise is sufficient , .25 for total transaction charges , .25 for profit. With even a delta of .50 - a ATM option will move .50 for 1 point move in NIFTY. Hence 1 point in NIFTY is enough.

What I was intending is to use some observation to find that the market may not just spike up or down and will remain somewhat stable for the nest few minutes , In this phase quietly and quicky enter and exit the trade. Once a day is also enough.
And what are your costs in futures ?

Hi aces27,

You started this thread on 06 oct. Today is third trading day since first posting. You got lot of negative suggestions and comments. You have pointed out your trading strategy. There are scalpers who are doing trade for 2 points per trade. But their presence in TJ is less or nil. Even then I doubt they will give go ahead signal for your strategy. Reason is trading is purely personal. No strategy is best.
Thanks Jeareh , Very positive to hear from you.

I do not have any issues with criticism , but they should provide the reasoning along with - that would make a healthy discussion and provide solutions as different view points would come forward.

People have summarily rejected the idea of 2 point scalping - probably because it is not very common. Yes Of course we are limiting our profits but increasing the probability.
I was looking for more depth in the answers about how SL-L oders may work , whether 300 - 400 lots will be executed if the market goes up fast. There is no theoritical way to to find out and neither paper trade - because this is about the number of lots whether they will get executed - safe to say for 2 - 3 lots this can work fairly easily.

And what are your costs in futures ?
The amount of leverage is the highest in Nifty Options , not Futures.
Despite a Delta of .5 - it provides the max quantity benefit and ease of move for a 1 - 2 point move in NIFTY.

Try the Zerodha Brokerage calculator - it gives a clear picture.

Wnt to revisit this topic. Would be very beneficil to hve inputs from Smrt Trder.
Interctive brokers hs fcility clled brcket orders which seems to be tilor mde for sclping 2 points out of nifty.
To my understnding the highest leverge tht i cn get is with nifty options which re ITM or TM.

Wnt to understnd the Price ction , how to find the correct price point / time of dy to enter the trde. To enter nd exit within moments mking profit of 2 points in Nifty or point in the Option Premium.