NF SAR 2DHL; SL to BE >2%

Linkon
Thanks for the article in Guppy's method. I am following the touch of HH/LL of the last two days as my SAR and not waiting for a close above or below the 2dH/L. Else, it can make the entry a little far into the trend if the close is way beyond the 2dH/L.

Guppy's method is not the highest high or the lowest low of the last two days as you have mentioned. It is the greater of the 2 higher highs or lesser of the 2 lower lows preceding the current bar. It can go back to more than 2 days. If today is day 0, we go back to find a bar whose high exceeds today's. That would be the first bar not necessarily yesterday's bar. Then we travel further to find a high exceeding the first bar which can go back more than two days theoretically.
Perhaps I should back test that too and check the result.
several time i was offered ,to check this guppy strategy to buy a soft ware,thanks for explaining,how guppy works

trader.trends

when every thing,was running so perfect,in this system of trading,i don't under stand,why every thing at this thread stopped at once,what happened ?
i do use this system but with some small difference ,and every thing is perfect. in this system
There was nothing much to add to the system hence no further posts on it. It is good that you have found the system beneficial.

darshanshukla

Dear Chadha sir can you write your system or modification in current system??
Thanks in Adv.
Darshan

when every thing,was running so perfect,in this system of trading,i don't under stand,why every thing at this thread stopped at once,what happened ?
i do use this system but with some small difference ,and every thing is perfect. in this system

Entry: Break of 2 day high/Low. Go long once the 2 day high breaks. Go Short when two day low breaks. It is a system where you are always in trade either long or short. SAR is the level where you close your previous position and open a fresh position in the opposite direction.

Once the trade moves 2% in your favour shift stops to entry level but the entry level now becomes your exit level not SAR. The new entry level is again when the 2 D high/low breaks after hitting the stops.

If you look at trades from the beginning of this year, on 4 Jan the 2 day high of 5229 was broken. You go long at 5229 with SAR at 5155 which is the 2 day low for 4th Jan. You carry the position. For 5th and 6th Jan, the 2 day low was at 5190 and 5210 which did not trigger. You continue with the longs. On 7th Jan the 2 Day low was at 5263 which got triggered. So you exit the longs at 5263 book profit of 34 points and have entered the shorts at 5263. The SAR for that is 2d high. For 8 Jan the 2DH was at 5303 which was not triggered. Now for Monday the SAR level(2DH) is at 5293. If we hit 5293 on Monday, we quit the shorts and go long.

If the opening is beyond the SAR level, entry at .25% of Open. For instance if on Monday NF opens say at 5300 which is beyond SAR or 5293 then we go long at 5314. IF NF does not breach 5314 we continue to hold the shorts.

Everything about the strategy is revealed in that one line: SAR 2DH/L; SL to BE >2%, If open >SAR, SAR at .25% of Open.

Historically, the two day high and low has been breached on the same day about 6-12 times in a year. If you think through you will know what to do on such a day.
Hi, Is this strategy being worked by you? If you have stopped it then can you please tell the reason?