NF SAR 2DHL; SL to BE >2%

bandlab2

Long at 4940. Yesterday's high on NF is 4939.60. IF long is trig, SAR is 4807 which is more than 2% away. Use your discretion. Be Bullish only above 5075. Until then caution. Rally can fizzle out at 5K levels. No assumptions.
i think we should blindly go by the numbers thrown by the system. we need to stop cnbc, and other sources and go blindly by numbers. in the long run it helps. yes, right now SAR is at 4807 but that could change in next 2 days (if we survive this trade).

we are LONG now officially.

linkon7

Be Bullish only above 5075. Until then caution. Rally can fizzle out at 5K levels. No assumptions.
:confused:You system says u to buy...u buy...! why be bullish above a particular level... why assume rally can fizzle out at 5 K...

I think bala's suggestion to add, is a good one... You get a nice trending move only for a week in a whole month... why not maximise ur profit. Saint's miniflow method also makes its chunk of profit from the add ons. Idea is to make hay while the sun shines...

trader.trends

For longs of 4940 SAR on 4 Feb 4807. The shorts of 5232 of 19 Jan got closed today at 4940 yielding 292 points. Cumulative Points since the beginning of 2010 stands at 157.

BankNF in the last short trade has given 452 points and for the year has yielded 390 points.

Last edited:
Bandlab

This time we have had a straight fall from 5232 to 4818 without triggering the 2DH since 19 Jan. Even in the past it has been like this one large profits with few minor profits/loss thrown in between. You never know when the large payout is coming. When I looked at the past, we can scale in when the 2DH/L breaks the second/third time. That is the 2DL broke at 5232 on 19 Jan. The best opp is to scale in at 5212 and 5195 on 20th Jan and 21 Jan when again the 2DL broke. Subsequent scaling in might not result in profits always. You also have to look at how far your SAR is before scaling in. All that would make it a little complex. I am not so sure if I want to do it personally. It will also mean you have to monitor the trade through the day.

I prefer systems with less presence in front of the screen. Trading is safer that way. No monkey with keyboard itch.:):)
Scaleins & Scaleouts are the secret weapons to convert any simple trend following system into a killer profit puller. On the other hand, with added position size when we give back the initial profit it just skews up the mind and trading the system becomes difficult.

The way out for me is to keep the risk on scaleins very small as compared to the original position. Taking some profitable position off the table also helps (scaleout)

Here is a way we can go about on this system.

Original Position: 2 Lots

Scalein: 2 Lots with aprox 1/4 th risk, if stops for this scalein not hit, scale out 1 lot and carry the other one. Have a limit of 3 such scaleins/outs.

Obviously for the entry/exit, can device some simple triggers, but since its N bar BO system, why not use the same triggers on smaller TF.

Does it add to the complexity, not really, over time it becomes second nature, its for nothing we call it “Building the Position”. This is the way it will pay you handsomely for your patience with the original reversals.

:)