Newbie needs help in deciding brokers & trading platform

Oski

Hi All,

I am new to the world of online trading and am currently trying to zero-in on a platform which should best suit my needs....which are:

1. Real-time status.
2. Lowest brokerage.
3. Trading on web based application as well as software.
4. No AMC.
5. [Very Important] No Hidden Charges.
(Please let me know if there is something else that I should look for)

Based on these criterias, I had evaluated Indiabulls, HDFCSec, Ventura and ShareKhan. From the quotes I received from them, I am listing the negatives that are putting me off:

Indiabulls - Highest brokerage (0.04% Delivery, 0.004% Intraday).
HDFCSec - No software (No AMC for me as I am a so called priveledged customer of HDFC bank ;-) ).
ShareKhan - AMC of Rs.400. The sales rep asked for Rs.5000 as margin money (which I am not sure what it was for) but also said that it was refundable!!!
Ventura - AMC of Rs.499.

Upto now, I am inclined towards Indiabulls and Ventura. Ventura seems exciting as well as they have the lowest brokerage and that too only when you sell, the only caveat being that I had to pay rs5000 for the first year as advance brokerage. Plus, Ventura gives their software for free. I have not read many reviews on Ventura on the net therefore the dilemma.

Please let me know your thoughts on which platform I should go for or suggest any new ones that are better than the four I have checked so far. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers.