Newbie interested in learning TA & Trading Strategies

Hello All

I am a newbie to trading, tough have been a buy & hold investor for long.

I am interested in learning Technical Analysis & Trading Strategies (Entries & Exits for semi automated buy/sell signal generation or fully automated trading) in full day intensive Classroom setting.

Although I am based in North India (Amritsar), I can attend training in Delhi (preferred) & Mumbai, though if someone is really good I guess I can travel elsewhere too....afterall education too is a buy & hold investment :)

If you know of someone providing intensive training in these areas, or better still if you can recommend someone, I would be greatly obliged.

With best regards.
Sanjay Arora.

aimer

Hello All

I am a newbie to trading, tough have been a buy & hold investor for long.

I am interested in learning Technical Analysis & Trading Strategies (Entries & Exits for semi automated buy/sell signal generation or fully automated trading) in full day intensive Classroom setting.

Although I am based in North India (Amritsar), I can attend training in Delhi (preferred) & Mumbai, though if someone is really good I guess I can travel elsewhere too....afterall education too is a buy & hold investment :)

If you know of someone providing intensive training in these areas, or better still if you can recommend someone, I would be greatly obliged.

With best regards.
Sanjay Arora.
hello Sanjay...
nice to read that u wanna learn TA...but my dear friend if u are completely blank ...i mean do not know a single thing about TA then only go for any classroom course...otherwise it is waste of money and time...the basic what they will teach is abundantly present on the net...u just have to study....there are lots of material which will be too much for u....i mean it is more then enough...so friend just go and open the windows of TA and u will be satisfied with the materials u see and that also its free....
and if u dont know the basics also go for a thread 'teach a man to fish" u will learn more then what they teach in a classroom course...these are certainely my views...rest as u wish my dear friend....but yes if any help required from my side ...i am always there...just let me know:)

hello Sanjay...
nice to read that u wanna learn TA...but my dear friend if u are completely blank ...i mean do not know a single thing about TA then only go for any classroom course...otherwise it is waste of money and time...
I agree and I do understand the basic concepts. Only I feel the training, if it covers indicators, strategies...entries, exits, SL etc., for systems based trading will shorten my implementation time period.

One should know one's weakness. I am not a good discretionary trader as I cannot wait with patience for the right setup to arrive. I would rather take a systems approach & either generate signals on a chart & have an operator execute trades or use automated trading, as I have slight exposure to programming.

So, I am just shopping for a course with the right content, not just the basics...they can be researched anytime one requires. Until then, I am a long-term swing trader for delivery based securities and researching TA & paper trade while I do it :D

aimer

Only one suggestion? :confused: Any other TA training providers?......Anyone?:confused:
ya sanjay...
icharts people provide one day course...and they provide it round the corner...i feel u can undergo this course from them...are knowledgeable people, but as putting any one elses banner is not allowed on traderji so i will not be able to give the link here ..... plz deleat this after u have read...otherwise i will be banned from the forum....
happy trading:)

Raju

I would suggest you to go through threads of ST (Moderator).

Regards,
Raju