Newbie in Trading!

edd

Hi!
I am a young government worker. This is my third year in service.
I have saved 10,000 rupees for investment. I am ready to take moderate risk.
I am planning to open DEMAT+Trading account.
I want to keep Account Opening Charges minimum.
Is Angel Broking good for me?
What do you suggest

akhill

there are a lots of threads in this section itself.. please go through them so that you may get an idea and you can ask specific questions. Every newbie posting a thread with same questions will only flood the forum and will not help anyway.. even those who see these repeated threads may not be interested to reply.

before investing please do read about the stock market and its risks carefully, read some books and internet resources on trading. Do paper trading on moneybhai.com and see how it works. If your judgements and instincts are correct then go for original trading.

With this capital, I would not advise you to enter the market directly given you are new to markets.

I would say invest this money in equity through mutual funds. Go to moneycontrol or value research online, and look for equity funds. Go through their 1/3/6 months and 1 years returns.

Invest in large cap fund to reduce risk.

And as first lesson, wait for market to correct before you invest in MF. Else your first trade in MF itself will be for loss

Rs 10,000 is good enough to start off. Why not look at opening trading and demat account with an online discount broker rather than a traditional broker. You can save on brokerage and unnecessary advisory.

Rs 10,000 is good enough to start off. Why not look at opening trading and demat account with an online discount broker rather than a traditional broker. You can save on brokerage and unnecessary advisory.
yes it is but for person who has never been in stock market and saved 10k in 3 yrs job, the money means lot. so first one shud get familiar with market, n then jump

@yankeetrader....I agree to your point. But I think it is a good time take the plunge. There is lot of positive signals in the market. Yes, caution has to be exercised and also along with investing money, investing time is also equally important.

@yankeetrader....I agree to your point. But I think it is a good time take the plunge. There is lot of positive signals in the market. Yes, caution has to be exercised and also along with investing money, investing time is also equally important.
Agreed but direct stock investing is not everyone's bread and butter. You can put 10K in a good MF and focus on your job and may be even earn 25%/annum in good market, or put it in single stock and burn it all..

Thats the point i'm trying to make

before investing please do read about the stock market and its risks carefully, read some books and internet resources on trading. Do paper trading on moneybhai.com and see how it works. If your judgements and instincts are correct then go for original trading.
Do ur homework. check online for more details and read fine print before you leap into trading