new to trading

Hello,
I am new to trading and I use icicidirect. The problem is I dont have time for intraday trade as I monitor them once a day.. So when I buy a stock it takes 3 to 4 days before I can sell it due to the settlement cycle and when I sell it it takes another 3 days for me to get the money to reinvest it... I did see options like MarginPlus etc but it looks like I will need to sqaure the trade at the end of the day..

I am sure there are better ways to do this.. Please advice

Hi Vasanthm,

I just subscribed to icicidirect.com and today is my first day using it. It would be nice if you could help me out with using this website. I want to buy my first stock from this website. before I do that. I had some questions regarding some terms on the Buy Screen of icicidirect.com

1) Should I buy stocks from the NSE or BSE?.
2) What is Order Type? Which one should i select?. I don't buy the stocks during the day. I buy stocks only duing off market hours.

3) Disclosed Quantity?
4) Stop Loss Trigger Price?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Prashanth

psrikant1978 said:
Hi Vasanthm,

I just subscribed to icicidirect.com and today is my first day using it. It would be nice if you could help me out with using this website. I want to buy my first stock from this website. before I do that. I had some questions regarding some terms on the Buy Screen of icicidirect.com

1) Should I buy stocks from the NSE or BSE?.
2) What is Order Type? Which one should i select?. I don't buy the stocks during the day. I buy stocks only duing off market hours.

3) Disclosed Quantity?
4) Stop Loss Trigger Price?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Prashanth
Hi,
1) Hmm it depends on the share you want to buy.. most shares are listed on both markets though and the price is usually around the same

2) Order type should be limit if you buy stocks during off market hours.

3) Disclosed quanity : for example if you buy 300 shares and disclosed quantity is 100 my guess is three orders for 100 each will be shown on the market instead of just one 300 order.. not sure though

4) Stop Loss Trigger Price : I think this is a trigger price when your shares will be sold if the price goes below this or something like that. still not sure.. may be a senior member here can confirm it..