New to trading and all the hidden charges also! Want to learn everything!

Dear All,

I'm new to this website and also new to the world of trading.

I recently opened a demat & trading acc with Motilal Oswal securites and withing less than 2 weeks I have experienced a lot of fake promises and technical glithces and arbitrary charges.

Can anyone please tell me what all charges are applicable for trading online in deliveries? I have been charges a arbitrary amount under the name "delivery handling charge" with no explanation as to how is it calculated. How is it different from brokerage and when is it applicable.

On the technical front, the web application of MyBroker has not been accepting my password since day one till now. Almost 2 weeks have passed. They suggested me to use the .exe version. That too is not functioning properly and I am not able to see my holdings or modify any standing order.

Did I make a mistake in choosing Motilal Oswal? Morever beacuse it is my hard earned money, I would want to know where does each and every penny of mine go.

Request you all to please guide me and all existing Motilal Oswal patrons in this forum please please help me out...

Thanks & Regards,

Chandrakant:confused::confused:

Chandrakant

Are u new to the share market or trading. Going by your statement it seems that u r new to the share market....dont get envolve urself to trading if u r novice..first purchase some stock for investment purposes based on fundamentals...as far as choice of DP is concerned I think ICICI direct is much better...their brokerage/AMC charges are on higher side but they dont cut any arbitrary charges.

A A Agrahari

Yes, I am totally new to trading. with limited budget I have already chosen Motilal Oswal. So its quite difficult for me to switch now. Well, whoever is the broker, there must be some regulatory norms for the charges on trading. I would be grateful to you, if you could enligthen me on the type of charges levied on trading. I tried to look for them on BSE website, but no luck there.

Before I talk to Motilal Oswal guys, i want to educate myself on the charges so that they do not take me for granted.

Thanks,

Chandrakant