New to Stock Trading

Hello all,

I am NEW to Stock Trading, But I am a Investor in Mutual Funds since last 6 months and Now I want to Invest in Stock.

I have some SMALL questions.

1) Is a Demat Account is Required for Trading?

2) What is Online and Offline Trading?

3) I have option for ICICI Bank and Union Bank Of India to Open a Demat A/c. Which one I should go for?

4) What are the advantages of Using a Offline Account + Broker?

etc etc. Also If some one wanted to give me Some Tips are welcome becasue I am totaly NEW to Stock Trading and Merket.

Thanks
Prabhat
Hyderabad

vince

nprabhat said:
Hello all,

I am NEW to Stock Trading, But I am a Investor in Mutual Funds since last 6 months and Now I want to Invest in Stock.

3) I have option for ICICI Bank and Union Bank Of India to Open a Demat A/c. Which one I should go for?

etc etc. Also If some one wanted to give me Some Tips are welcome becasue I am totaly NEW to Stock Trading and Merket.

Thanks
Prabhat
Hyderabad
Hi and Welcome,

Here are my answers to your queries:

1) Yes

2)Online is placing orders on the net, offline any other way.

3) Neither. You could do better.

4) A broker you are going to need anyways, and I can't see any advantage of having a offline account.

Trade well,
Vince

vince said:
Hi and Welcome,

2)Online is placing orders on the net, offline any other way.

3) Neither. You could do better.

Trade well,
Vince
Hi Vince,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Reg #2: Is Online mean trading directly with the Stock Holder?
Reg #3: How can I do better. Please Suggest.

Reagrds
Prabhat Nath

pkjha30

Hi Prabhat

Let us clear up some confusion.

Investment and trading are two different things. Investment is for capital appreciation based on your views about growth prospect of a share/company. Normally you do fundamental analysis.

Trading is to take advantage of price fuctuations irrespective of the growth prospects so as to make money on a regular basis. Speed of transaction is of utmost essence an you need to monitor prices constantly and do technical analysis.

Requirements are different and hence if you need to do only investment then you can go for ICICIDIRECT/HDFC/UTI Bank/ IDBI Paisabuilder.com which offer three in one account. i.e. a DP account as depository participant , a Web Trading account with ICICI WEB Trade acting as broker house and a Savings account as in a Bank.

If you want to do trading then there are options like sharekhan.com,indiabulls, geojit etc. which will provide online trading terminal, may be assign relationship manager or a sub-broker to you and offer various value added services.

You can search this forum where discussions are held about relative merits of each of the above mentioned facilitators.

With Demat in 90% of trading on nse/bse you will get only disadvantages in offline brokerages/trading account.

As regards tips, this forum you will find many learned persons like saint,sh50,amit,joy_mitali,srisara,mohanlate,nkpanjiar, value_trades among others and above all traderji the administrator/moderator of this forum. All aspects are discussed and analysed threadbare and questions are answered by above selfless individuals with promptness. You will certainly be benefitted by them as I have been.

wish you all the success

Pankaj

hi
This is ali from hyderabad. glad to now that you are also hyderabad. where you stay in hyderabad i am in nimbolli adda and going to open acount in few days what about you, are you gointo be a day trader are investor ?

waiting to hear from you Ali

Hello all,

Thanks
Prabhat
Hyderabad

hi
This is ali from hyderabad. glad to now that you are also hyderabad. where you stay in hyderabad i am in nimbolli adda and going to open acount in few days what about you, are you gointo be a day trader are investor ?

waiting to hear from you Ali from hyderabad