New to MF's

I Entered the MF's in april with HDFC Premier Multi Cap fund.Now I am planning to invest in few more funds through SIP.
Following are the funds which I am planning to invest through SIP.

1)HDFC PMCF--1000 rs--SIP is already there
2)HDFC Tax gain--1000 rs
3)Magnum Tax gain--1000 rs
4)Templeton india pension plan--1000 rs.

The templeton india pension plan says 3 years lockin period & 3% exit load if withdrawn before the age of 58.
I am 26 years of age & I am getting a feeling that the time period is too long or may be am going in to pension plan too early.

Is it okay to have 2 TAX saving funds in the profile? I have seen the protfolios of both the funds they are pretty different.

I am also considering few more funds like Franklin blue chip & other similar funds.

Please give me some tips & suggestions on these funds & also let me know few aggressive funds which are doing well.

Bharath

bharathbn said:
I Entered the MF's in april with HDFC Premier Multi Cap fund.Now I am planning to invest in few more funds through SIP.
Following are the funds which I am planning to invest through SIP.

1)HDFC PMCF--1000 rs--SIP is already there
2)HDFC Tax gain--1000 rs
3)Magnum Tax gain--1000 rs
4)Templeton india pension plan--1000 rs.

The templeton india pension plan says 3 years lockin period & 3% exit load if withdrawn before the age of 58.
I am 26 years of age & I am getting a feeling that the time period is too long or may be am going in to pension plan too early.

Is it okay to have 2 TAX saving funds in the profile? I have seen the protfolios of both the funds they are pretty different.

I am also considering few more funds like Franklin blue chip & other similar funds.

Please give me some tips & suggestions on these funds & also let me know few aggressive funds which are doing well.

Bharath
Hi Bharath,

A warm welcome to you..............you may get your answer if you post the above in the MF Discussion forum.

All the best!
Saint

Hi,

I would recommend stick to the top 5 Mutual Fund over say 3 year period or 5 year period.

you can check out the latest rankings on

MFAdvisor

Last edited by a moderator: