New pc needed

toocool

I am using amibroker, and pc is old and slowing down.

What should be the new assembled pc configuration be?

Will install windows 8

8gb ram or 16 gb?

Processor?

Motherboard?

Price i want to pay is maximum 20k for cpu.......... I have screen so that's not needed

Thanks

candle

Dear toocool,
In 20K budget, you could very well get an assembled cpu that can meet your present day requirements.

According to me following conf. will do best for an average trader like us who runs amibroker+nest/now simultaneously. And occassionaly runs some heavy games, movies, music etc etc.

All you need to assemble is :

processor : i3 ( 3rd or 4th generation)
compatible motherboard
memory : 500gb
ram : 4gb sufficient ( though if budget permits, 8 gb will be added advantage)
graphics : 1 gb
dvd rw
smps
keyboard+mouse

Hope it helped.

regards
candle

TracerBullet

There is no need for Graphics card unless you want to play games. Cpu has them built in these days. ( btw gpu memory is not its main performance feature, 1gb 2gb are all marketing gimmicks)

Processor - Most important. Get intel only. Single thread amd is very far behind. Prefer 4th gen Intel (Haswell - iX-4xxx) . There is not much diff with previous generations.
Options - i3-4130 (Rs 7250 Flipkart ), Pentium G2030 (Rs 3370). I think even pentium may be enough if you are regular desktop user. But can consider i3 for more power.

Motherboard - Compatible with Haswell - LGA 1150. Depends on what you want. If you dont need too many connection options ( hard disk slots, ram slots, pci slots etc ), then go for H81 chipsets ( ~3.5k) else B85 should be enough (~5.5k). Best you check features youself before deciding

RAM - Depends on how you use. Even 4gb will be enough i think if you dont load too much data. You can check you existing usage and then decide. 8 GB should be more than enough. Get any cheap ddr3 ram 1333 (or more) . Get atleast two sticks but make sure they are same ( have to be compatible). Ram speed should not matter much for cpu performance. May have some impact on igpu performance for games.

Powersupply - Dont skimp on power supply. Dont get those that come with cheap cases. Seasonic is best - they use good parts. Seasonic ECO 400 / Seasonic SS400BT PSU should be enough ( 2.4k )

An alternative to Intel would be this: http://www.ibasetechnology.net/ib7553l.html which is not as expensive as Intel and does the job as well. This just in case you want to build your hard ware system up by your self. Home factory is in Taiwan and not in the US: http://www2.ibase.com.tw . Depending what you think about all what is know in the mean time about which company works with NSA, this is THE alternative to Intel. Take care

Last edited:

toocool

There is no need for Graphics card unless you want to play games. Cpu has them built in these days. ( btw gpu memory is not its main performance feature, 1gb 2gb are all marketing gimmicks)

Processor - Most important. Get intel only. Single thread amd is very far behind. Prefer 4th gen Intel (Haswell - iX-4xxx) . There is not much diff with previous generations.
Options - i3-4130 (Rs 7250 Flipkart ), Pentium G2030 (Rs 3370). I think even pentium may be enough if you are regular desktop user. But can consider i3 for more power.

Motherboard - Compatible with Haswell - LGA 1150. Depends on what you want. If you dont need too many connection options ( hard disk slots, ram slots, pci slots etc ), then go for H81 chipsets ( ~3.5k) else B85 should be enough (~5.5k). Best you check features youself before deciding

RAM - Depends on how you use. Even 4gb will be enough i think if you dont load too much data. You can check you existing usage and then decide. 8 GB should be more than enough. Get any cheap ddr3 ram 1333 (or more) . Get atleast two sticks but make sure they are same ( have to be compatible). Ram speed should not matter much for cpu performance. May have some impact on igpu performance for games.

Powersupply - Dont skimp on power supply. Dont get those that come with cheap cases. Seasonic is best - they use good parts. Seasonic ECO 400 / Seasonic SS400BT PSU should be enough ( 2.4k )
I am more towards 8gb, 4gb on my current system gets slow, maybe old pc (4-5 years old) that's why

I am planning Windows 8 64 bit edition

Can you guys tell me any issues with 64 bit Windows 8? I think all software are 64 bit ready now a days............. And what are the added advantage of 64 bit?

I am not a gaming guy.......... So can I skip separate GPU as well as DVD writer?

@somantung

The problem is that we in india would get best service for Intel only and also I am not a very technical guy in regards to computer........ So its not possible for me and infact a majority of people in India

TracerBullet

An alternative to Intel would be this: http://www.ibasetechnology.net/ib7553l.html which is not as expensive as Intel and does the job as well. This just in case you want to build your hard ware system up by your self. Home factory is in Taiwan and not in the US: http://www2.ibase.com.tw . Depending what you think about all what is know in the mean time about which company works with NSA, this is THE alternative to Intel. Take care
His current setup is likely much faster than that :). NSA or not, we cant go a decade back. Competiton to intel or even x86 on consumer desktop is sadly lacking.

I am more towards 8gb, 4gb on my current system gets slow, maybe old pc (4-5 years old) that's why

Can you guys tell me any issues with 64 bit Windows 8? I think all software are 64 bit ready now a days............. And what are the added advantage of 64 bit?

I am not a gaming guy.......... So can I skip separate GPU as well as DVD writer?
What is your current spec btw?

8gb looks good, you can look at ram consumption on your current pc to get an idea of what you may need.
More ram != more speed if you dont use it. So if you use 3 gb, 4gb and 8g will be same. But if you use 5gb then 4gb will slow down your pc to be almost unusable as that 1gb is read from harddisk. In future, you can also consider buying a SSD. It should load up things much faster.

64 bit win7 is fine, runs 32bit and 64bit software. win8 sould be same. There is no reason to have 32 bit OS now.

Skip GPU. Buy DVD writer only if you need to read/write CD/DVD else skip it. It costs about 1k. I hardly use them these days, portable hds do the job.

please recommend a good graphics card for multi monitor setup (upto 4 monitors)

siva

@somantung

The problem is that we in india would get best service for Intel only and also I am not a very technical guy in regards to computer........ So its not possible for me and infact a majority of people in India

Jai Mata Di

Low budget good quality PC for trading:-

I have build a low budget good quality system for trading for friends here, which will definitely last longer than high priced branded PC.

I have vast experience in S/W & H/W. Below components have perfect match with each other. I hope below system will help some friends here. Please, don't compromise with SMPS & cabinet.

Motherboard: Intel DH77EB [3 Years Warranty] price 6000
With Integrated Graphics Card, Intel HD Graphics, HDMI, DVI, Display Port.
Audio Features Intel High Definition Audio, Optical S/PDIF Ports.

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core G2030
64-bit (3M Cache, 3.00 GHz) [3 Years Warranty] price 3300

RAM: Corsair Value Select DDR3-1600 4GB [10 years warranty] price 2900
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB [2 Years Replacement warranty] price 3000

SMPS: Corsair CX430 430 Watts [3 years warranty] price 2900
Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 311 Mid Tower [1 Year Warranty] price 2400

Keyboard: TVS Gold USB Mechanical Black [1 year Warranty] price 1900
Mouse : HP KY619 3 Button wired USB 2.0 Optical [3 Years Warranty] price 300
LG DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive [1 Year Warranty] price 1000
-----------------
TOTAL price 23700 (approx)

----------------
If you are using Amibroker/Meta Stock/Meta Trader 4 GB Ram is more than enough.
If you are using Nest Plus for Charting you need 8 GB Ram, buy two 4 GB Ram (use exactly same RAM at DIMM1 & DIMM 2 BLUE Slot of your Mother Board).

Use Window 7 Ultimate/Enterprise/Professional 64 Bit only.
Note:- This PC also supports Win 8 & Win 8.1 (U need to download latest driver from Intel Website freely). Use 64 bit OS only for better performances. It is must also for above 4GB Ram .

Use above PC with a good quality UPS [like APC] & with LED Monitor from LG, Samsung etc. Use DVI Cable on Full HD 1080p Monitor for better picture clarity.

If you have little higher budget go for Full HD 1080p 22 inch+ LED monitor (good for Chart Reading).
You can go for Intel i3 3220 (Rs 7000) / Core i5 3450 Processor and 1TB/2TB HDD also.

Buy from Reputed Computer Retailer Shops Only.

------------

Best Wishes.
Happy Trading.

H.C.

Last edited: