Never give up in Life but it's good to give up in Trading..

suri112000

Totally agree @pannet1
Winning in Trading is the beginning of a traders end..because then is when he starts using leverage because he is so sure he is right after thorough research(backtesting)..After all he is a professional now...not making fun of anyone it's my own story in fact every traders story...I have been through all this
In one of the interviews of Rakesh Jhunjunwala, I am really surprised to know that his capital in the trading is just Rs.1 lakh. This clearly points to the fact that Rs.1 lakh is really a tiny fraction of what his actual holdings in stock market (Rs.30000 crores). Even if he looses entire trading capital of Rs.1 lakh, nothing would effect him. He could bet such 1 lakhs numerous times to make some killings in trading. He does also.
These type of truths of stock market should be known for new traders to understand the realities.
Anyway I appreciate your apprehensions about trading.

Pradeep Narayan

OK, so we all now know that trading is a negative sum game! Markets are designed in such a way that retail folks lose. We also now know that folks like RJ bet on a tiny fraction of their cash!
My take is that the whole world - trading world, i.e - runs on lies and half truths. I will not attempt to dissect earlier posts, but will state what trading has offered me (and you all):

• The market does not compel me to trade - I trade, therefore I am!
  • The market has not asked me to risk any specific amount. I decide what I put to table.
  • The market does not ask me to close positions at a profit or at a loss. I decide my exits.
  • The market spells out all charges involved in this venture. I use them to understand my business costs.
  • The market does not play politics or cheat behind my back. I know I am against the shrewdest, fastest & wealthy brains in business. The folks here know how to make money & more importantly, know how to keep it secured!
  • The market is ever changing. I need to have an edge and keep sharpening that - there are multiple ways to trade successfully!
  • The market is whimsical. I do not stick to any one point of view, I change as soon as I should.
  • The market kills! For me, it has killed my ego & impatience.

suri112000

Stocks are one of the ways to generate returns just like other avenues like FD, Gold, Silver, Liquid Instruments such as Savings Bank, MIS.
People are in a way compelled to come to Stocks which are dubiously depicted as high return generating instruments without posing the risks involved in it at front.
For example. Watch any ad of MF, first they talk big about the returns it generated. If it is a paper add, this takes 95% of the space, whereas the disclaimer takes about 5% of the space. The same applies to TV ad also but it is timebased.
What this instils in the common man. 95% chances of making big money and 5% chances of loosing money. I call this a dubious invitation to stocks. Thats because 95% of traders loose the game.
You take any investment avenue other than stocks, it is highly unlikely you would face risk of ruin. It is only stocks which can ruin you completely.
People are attracted to stocks because of its high return generating capacity.
SEBI is taking all steps required to keep retailers away from trading by increasing the lot sizes. I must say Nifty minimum lot size should be made 5000 and there should not be any leveraged instruments. This helps retailers to be away from risky derivatives.

Tlahuicole

Dear Raj, All the best for your future endeavors. I admire your grit and patience. Working at night shift and trading for eight hours the next day is a difficult task and you have already carried it out for last 15 years. With such commitment am sure you will be successful in any career you choose. Prayers and wishes for your success and happiness!..

Last edited:

bashasm

@Raj354u
All the best sir. I still wish though, you could try again and gain success in the trading

Raj232

Thanks for your concern bro @Tlahuicole
Anyways I wouldn't be able to do any other business at least for the next 5-8 years as I am on huge debt.. in fact my EMI is more than my salary
I totally understand your situation, very much similar to what I faced in the past. However, tell me what instrument were you trading ? was it equity, futures or options ... just out of curiosity. thanks !