NetStock, a small and free quote retrieval software !

murthymsr

hi all traderjis,

i have been using a quote retrieving software that is very small and needs very small memory.
i am using it without a hitch for more than a year.

it is free and can be downloaded from

http://www.splitcycle.com/

it gets 15 minute delayed quotes from yahoo finance and live quotes for the index.
you can enter your portfolio and track the same.
quotes can be updated at regular intervals automatically.
you can get quotes for nse stocks as well as bse stocks.
it can give alarm when the quotes cross the preset low and high limits.
i set the alarm and take a nap just after lunch for a while. ;)
it can save into a file all retrieved intraday quotes for use by other software. (i have not used this feature, though)

you may insert yahoo stock codes to retrieve the quotes.
if you have any further querries about running this programme, i may be able to help.
if any one needs, i can send the yahoo stock codes for nse.

murthymsr

murthymsr

hi srikanth,
you can download from their web site by clicking the link below.

http://www.splitcycle.com/Default.aspx?tabid=29

you can choose the zip file (if you have an unzipping software like winzip) or the self extracting exe file.

enter the stock codes(yahoo) and you will get the quotes from yahoo.
read the help file for more information. you may post in this forum, if you need further information or mail me.

[email protected]

murthymsr said:
hi all traderjis,

i have been using a quote retrieving software that is very small and needs very small memory.
i am using it without a hitch for more than a year.

it is free and can be downloaded from

http://www.splitcycle.com/

it gets 15 minute delayed quotes from yahoo finance and live quotes for the index.
you can enter your portfolio and track the same.
quotes can be updated at regular intervals automatically.
you can get quotes for nse stocks as well as bse stocks.
it can give alarm when the quotes cross the preset low and high limits.
i set the alarm and take a nap just after lunch for a while. ;)
it can save into a file all retrieved intraday quotes for use by other software. (i have not used this feature, though)

you may insert yahoo stock codes to retrieve the quotes.
if you have any further querries about running this programme, i may be able to help.
if any one needs, i can send the yahoo stock codes for nse.

murthymsr
Murthy, thank you for sharing this with all of us. Am sure many of us will find your leads very useful.:)

murthymsr

Further to my earlier post on this thread, i observed that with Netstock, you can also capture EOD data for selected stocks (Limit 200) in the Metastock format, quicken format or any selected fields.

This software can also be used for capturing intraday data live for indices and delayed by about 15 minutes for stocks.

Happy data acquisition.

murthymsr

Hi,

Initially I used trade traker as a free trial. It is really very good with many features. However, after the trial period is over, I am not able to use it. Now I am using netstock for more than a month with out any issues, though some necessary features are not included in this software.

Does any one know of a good freeware in which I can maintain my portfolio. My portfolio contains nearly 10 to 12 stocks as of now.

I tried Quotes station, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,
Balaji.

Hi,

I downloaded medved quote tracker and it is really very good. I could see that one important column is missing. The "Value" column gives the current value of my holding (I have 40 shares of Reliance Capital, so value is 40*430.8 = 17232). But I do not see a column which gives my purchase price. I purchased the same at the price is 357.4. So my purchase value is 40*357.4 = 14296. There are many columns listed in the details, but I don't think there is a column to show the purchase price.

However, the software is still very useful as it gets the real time data from www.nseindia.com where netstock gets the data from in.finance.yahoo.com in which the share prices are delayed by at least 15 mins.

Thanks for suggesting a great software.

Thanks,
Balaji.

murthymsr

Quote tracker, NetStock & Fcharts, free quote retrieval / charting software!

Dear Balaji,

It's good that you liked QT.

The QT view displays the preselected columns of the default view only.
To add 'value' field and many more fields you may click on VIEW tab & select edit views.....

Value and many other fields are available on the left side waiting to be selected. ( Move to right side to select the fields. selecting too many fields may cause a RAM limitation on slow machines, so be prudent in selecting too many columns. but remember that NSE supported fields only get displayed.

You may perform web-update periodically, particularly the non-beta versions, to add more features, if you like them. the beta versions get updated more than once in a week.

You may visit their forum, for more information or post here. I am using QT and i love it !

Netstock is for a casual investor, who would like to see the portfolio occasionally, not for regular trader. netstock does what it claims to do very neatly, using minimum system resources.

All the best.
murthymsr