NetStock, a small and free quote retrieval software !

Hi,

I did little more research on the features of QT and all of them are looking good. Especially the indices display is very good except the fact that we are not able to see the sensex as the data is from nseindia.com. Nifty values are available.

Thanks,
Balaji.

rpc

Hi murthymsr
I have downloaded medved quotetracker however am unable to get data from nseindia.com.Pls advice how it is to be done
Thanx
rpc

murthymsr

Softwares Quote Tracker, Fcharts & NetStock

hi rpc,

your message was too brief to be clear, but i will try to answer as best as i can.
the default settings are for US stocks, pl. change it to NSE india as quote source.

immediately after downloading, you may have to perform webupdate,
as the standard download package does not contain the latest configuration
files for NSE.

next is the time zone setting, set it to Indian stocks, in the options.

also you may select the indices from NSE india. please read my earlier post
on settings to get the indices, in the indices panel, as well as in the portfolio,
by which, you can get the various charts also.

please give a detailed description to the problem, if you further have any.
you may post in the forum.

Last edited:
Hi RPC, I am a new memeber of this great forum.I use medved quote tracker which is working very good but can u tell me how can I get intraday or historical chart with this software.

murthymsr,
I am using QT and nse data. Nifty current value is shown on the index panel. I am getting various stock charts but I am unable to get nifty chart. In the nse stock list nifty is not listed. On right clicking on nifty indice value, one of the option is-- open intraday chart--. But it only opens a blank chart and it does not get updated. Please guide how to get nifty indice chart and how to include it in portfolio list.
Regards.

Thanks Traderji.com,murthymsr and other members for sharing valuble experience .
My question is
1)Is it possible to have direct realtime feeds to other charting software from Netstock and QT.
2)You have mentioned that we can down load data for later retrival in other software ,can u tell the procedure

Thanks & regards
nawalkam

murthymsr

Thanks Traderji.com,murthymsr and other members for sharing valuble experience .
My question is
1)Is it possible to have direct realtime feeds to other charting software from Netstock and QT.
Realtime is not possible. This software is best suited for just viewing the Index / stock values and portfolio viewing. It is not very effective for charting purposes.

For charting applications, QT or other applications developed by our forum members along with TA software like FC, AB etc may be the best alternative.