NEST Trading API

fxgood

Hi,

Can some one enlight how do obtain NEST trading and data feed API to pass data from customized order flow system

NJ23

Hi,

Can some one enlight how do obtain NEST trading and data feed API to pass data from customized order flow system
Contact your broker. He'll be able to give it to you.

NJ23

Is it possible to get a broker neutral NEST APIs, were i can opt brokers myself in my setting as my listed broker in my utility.
APIs are built by Omnesys for their terminal NEST. Functions that you'd be able to use vary from broker to broker. Order execution APIs are offered by many brokers(excluding the order status function) but market data, account information APIs are not offered by many (Zerodha offers them). Once you build something, you won't have to re-build if you change your broker, just that the new broker has to offer that function call. So, the best person to go to is your broker.

I don't exactly know how broker neutral platforms work. But if you can select a broker of your choice in settings, I don't think there's any platform that offers that in India. Omnesys is in a position to offer something like that (since many brokers offer NEST), but don't know what's holding them back. May be regulations, may be their strategy.

Last edited:
Order execution status api is also available including market data ....but real question is why u want broker neutral... As whenever u change a broker u will have to go for reapproval for system from NSE and top of that ur broker has to have algo trading enabled by paying to exchanges extra deposit... This would leave u with only a handful of brokers in India..

fxgood

Order execution status api is also available including market data ....but real question is why u want broker neutral... As whenever u change a broker u will have to go for reapproval for system from NSE and top of that ur broker has to have algo trading enabled by paying to exchanges extra deposit... This would leave u with only a handful of brokers in India..
Why such restrictions are imposed ?

mastermind007

Why such restrictions are imposed ?
To protect interests of well-endowed.. even though the proclamation may be that it is for protection of the not-so-well-endowed.

fxgood

This is a step to monitor algo trading. The threshold results in only a serious broker to enable algo trading at exchange. If a threshold is the then not everyone will opt leaving a handful to be monitored by them. The deposit is not really prohibitive but certainly serious money....
Retail algo's are not even close to high frequency trading stuff, so why they need to fear them and restricts?