NEST Trader login is extremely slow

Square

I have recently downloaded NEST Trader version 3.14.4. And now I find that it takes a lot of time to login. It takes almost 3 minutes to login to NT. Till 40% loading it works fine but then it takes 3 minutes from there. I tested with different ISPs but same result.

Also in the download window, I am unable to remove "check box" for different segments like currency, cash. Before I can remove the tick marks on these segments, the check boxes are disabled for editing as it reaches 40% download mark.

Any help for the above problem?

LOVEENAJYOTHI

I have recently downloaded NEST Trader version 3.14.4. And now I find that it takes a lot of time to login. It takes almost 3 minutes to login to NT. Till 40% loading it works fine but then it takes 3 minutes from there. I tested with different ISPs but same result.

Also in the download window, I am unable to remove "check box" for different segments like currency, cash. Before I can remove the tick marks on these segments, the check boxes are disabled for editing as it reaches 40% download mark.

Mail frm Zerodha Support
Dearxxxx
If you are using 3.14 version of Nest and 64 bit PC,
We request you to uninstall NEST and download below zip file-->copy all files and paste it in C drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uCr1oltXNjEOz6-a...

Regards,
Sravanthi Bhattiprol

• Kite user manual - videos and tutorial on all aspects of trading on our web and mobile app
  • Z-connect - queries when trading with us and
  • Varsity - education on stock markets.

travi

That is the new Normal, its working like that all those that I know of.
Try the 64b posted by Loveena ji, but its going to have same symptoms bcos NEST 3.14.x is bloated by design. Even the (system like RAM) resources it takes up is twice 3.11

If you don't want the upgrade, rollback to 3.11. check with ur broker.

LOVEENAJYOTHI

The aforesaid 64b version solves the issue of "unable to click check box" and in turn it quickened the startup time bcuz i kept only NSE cash segment and MCX.
Anyways uninstalled it bcuz RTD to Excel was not working (Win10 64b MSExcel 2016 32b) may be my Windows/Excel problem.
Now i have upgraded to Win10 v1709, wl check again .

OneThatGotAway

yeah thats normal but i can tell u NEST pulse version of 3.15 is way better then v3.11
i miss days in v3.11 where it use to say error in generating csv file lol that is fixed in new nest pulse hehe
u can uncheck tick on data it ask to download that should speed up process little bit.

One more thing u can do is do Reinstall clean windows installation and reinstall everything from start that might help too

Square

Mail frm Zerodha Support
Dearxxxx
If you are using 3.14 version of Nest and 64 bit PC,
We request you to uninstall NEST and download below zip file-->copy all files and paste it in C drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uCr1oltXNjEOz6-a...

Regards,
Sravanthi Bhattiprol

• Kite user manual - videos and tutorial on all aspects of trading on our web and mobile app
  • Z-connect - queries when trading with us and
  • Varsity - education on stock markets.
I am using 32bit OS, x64-based processor. Would your suggestion still work on my machine?

Square

That is the new Normal, its working like that all those that I know of.
Try the 64b posted by Loveena ji, but its going to have same symptoms bcos NEST 3.14.x is bloated by design. Even the (system like RAM) resources it takes up is twice 3.11

If you don't want the upgrade, rollback to 3.11. check with ur broker.
I do not know, Upstox had SMSed in March that from 1 April old version of Nest will not work and had asked to update to the latest version 3.14.4 so I guess I cannot roll back to 3.11.

LOVEENAJYOTHI

I am using 32bit OS, x64-based processor. Would your suggestion still work on my machine?
Hope so.
However the best solution is to try Finvasia version 3.15 , u may find a way to make it work for Zerodha/Other Brokers login by modifying config/ini files may be , i hope. Plz go thru last few pages of @josh1's RTD Thread.

LOVEENAJYOTHI

I do not know, Upstox had SMSed in March that from 1 April old version of Nest will not work and had asked to update to the latest version 3.14.4 so I guess I cannot roll back to 3.11.
Yes u r right, roll back is not an option, i reinstalled back to v3.11 after facing the same issues in v3.14 as u did , but login failed for reinstalled v3.11.