Need suggestions for the best API in India to automate trading

Hello guys,

I am looking at suggestions as to which Broker API bridge is the best at this point in India with maximum reliability and seamless execution. I tested Fyers API bridge but am really disappointed as the trades got dropped even though all the settings were correct.

Now I am thinking I will test Tradetron with Zerodha or Tradetron with Fyers (as I am assuming this will not go through their API bridge).

Any suggestions on which would be a better option among the two? Or if you have a third better alternative than these two, pls suggest.

Look forward.

Zerodha Kite Connect API is pretty good and robust. Their charges are Rs 2000 for intraday, and additional Rs 2000 if you want historical data. You have to test your automated program in a live account. They do not have a demo account for testing the API.

The other good platform that API platform is IB TWS (Interactive Brokers). The API usage is free, and they offer a demo account for testing the API. But their account opening process is very frustrating and their margin requirements are higher than other brokers.

Zerodha Kite Connect API is pretty good and robust. Their charges are Rs 2000 for intraday, and additional Rs 2000 if you want historical data. You have to test your automated program in a live account. They do not have a demo account for testing the API.

The other good platform that API platform is IB TWS (Interactive Brokers). The API usage is free, and they offer a demo account for testing the API. But their account opening process is very frustrating and their margin requirements are higher than other brokers.
Thanks so much for your reply and the suggestions . Appreciate it. Zerodha charges are INR 2000 per month only for Intraday ? Or for delivery as well?

The charges of Rs 2000 per month I mentioned are for their trading API. They have two levels of API subscription - (a) Intraday and Trading (b) historical data.

The (a) Intraday and trading API lets you query live quotes and manage orders. You cannot download historical data or candle data (even for today). You can only query live quotes and manage your orders. This is charged Rs 2000 per month.

The (b) Historical API allows you to query historical data (e.g. daily data for last 5 years, 5min data for last 1 year etc). It has no trading facility because it is offered in (a). This is charged additional Rs 2000. You have to subscribe to (a) to subscribe to historical data API.

The charges of Rs 2000 per month I mentioned are for their trading API. They have two levels of API subscription - (a) Intraday and Trading (b) historical data.

The (a) Intraday and trading API lets you query live quotes and manage orders. You cannot download historical data or candle data (even for today). You can only query live quotes and manage your orders. This is charged Rs 2000 per month.

The (b) Historical API allows you to query historical data (e.g. daily data for last 5 years, 5min data for last 1 year etc). It has no trading facility because it is offered in (a). This is charged additional Rs 2000. You have to subscribe to (a) to subscribe to historical data API.
thanks so much for the elaborate reply.

Appreciate it.

mastermind007

How easy is IB TWS api w.r.t Amibroker live data connection?

Looking for an individual API can be a hectic task. You can instead look for a broker with good API or such softwares. It would be a good alternative.