Need some suggestions and guidance

Hello,
I just started buying stocks from previous month. I'm beginner and learning. I always choose for long term investment and retirement planning. But the thing is that I need some suggestions and guidance what to buy or what not to buy. Can anyone provide any links for learning. Also, I want to start intraday trading but don't know how to start. Please everyone share your suggestions and views. I use IIFL app for trading. Is it good?

Thanks

primitivetrader

Hello,
I just started buying stocks from previous month. I'm beginner and learning. I always choose for long term investment and retirement planning. But the thing is that I need some suggestions and guidance what to buy or what not to buy. Can anyone provide any links for learning. Also, I want to start intraday trading but don't know how to start. Please everyone share your suggestions and views. I use IIFL app for trading. Is it good?

Thanks
regarding you're investing you can try the CANSLIM method by William O' Neil. Mark Minervini books/courses. both are breakout methods and go with the trend from a technical perspective. your what to buy and when to buy will be covered completely for investing. Keep in mind this is a growth investing and a combination of both technical (chart reading) + specific fundamentals.

if you are looking for value investing I do not have any idea.

for day trading...
whether you want to trade in cash (stocks only) or in derivatives or do you want to day trade index futures/options or stock options? you have to decide first. cost is a big factor in day trading.
you can try Ashwini Gujral books. although he has copied the stuff from foreign authors they are good books to day trade in Indian markets.
another good book is "the secret of a pivot boss" by frank Ochoa.
another excellent resource is bob volman books for day trading. very dense and exhaustive stuff but one of the best

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick reply ☺️. I will definitely read these. My main target is to create a solid retirement plan and wealth creation. Thanks a lot . I will definitely post my thoughts after reading these books.

Intraday means 'during the day' Intraday trading refers to trading stocks and ETFs within a single day.
Some of the best intraday Indian stocks are:
  1. Tata Motors
  2. Bajaj Finance
  3. Jindal Steel and Power
  4. Indusind Bank

Intraday means 'during the day' Intraday trading refers to trading stocks and ETFs within a single day.
Some of the best intraday Indian stocks are:
  1. Tata Motors
  2. Bajaj Finance
  3. Jindal Steel and Power
  4. Indusind Bank

IIFL is a good one especially when you want a broker that can guide you with investments and retirement planning. Nothing is better than a full service broker. However, why don’t you consider trying discount brokers like zerodha, finvasia or upstox for intraday trading because the fees with full service brokers are a lot more than a discount broker.