Need remote account - US market

Hello Guys,

I have recently joined this resourceful group after browsing it for few days. My apologies if my post is irrelevant to this section and kindly guide me to the relevant section.

I have past experience of 1 year 5 months of intraday trading in US market (NYSE) with couple of firms in India. Though I left that career and moved on to a more stable career (KPO) due to certain personal reasons. However trading in US market has always attracted me and I to this very day loved my earlier involvements. I tried to curb my temptation for quite a long time but now I feel like I should get involved with it again. Hence I am looking for a valid source for getting a Remote Trading account to trade in US market.

My requirements as below:

1. No/Minimal initial investment (if possible) - Since I am starting after a break I do not want to go big on investment right away. I am fine if the payout structure is not very favorable to compensate the low initial investment cost. I will surely pour in more investment once I get back in groove.

2. Genuine account provider. - I am looking for a serious business and hence would only be looking for genuine firms.

As far as my research goes I have heard of below firms but am not aware much about them.

1. DollarBird trading - Visited their website as well spoke on phone and requested for information. Still awaiting response.
2. Blue-Point Trading - Visited for website. Plan on speaking with the representative.
3. Prop. Trader Group (mumbai) - Spoke on phone to request information. Awaiting response on my email id.

I would appreciate every bit of assistance I can get from all you experienced people.

Thank you,

Regards,
Imran Khan

NJ23

Shark Traders is another one offering remote trading. They ask you for around a $1000. Costs are fairly less as well. Many from India trade through them. Search for remote prop firms on EliteTrader, you could find a lot of firms on that forum.

Where were you? Capstone?

NJ23

@NJ23-Thank you for the information. I had been with Trenchant and Capstone both.
I heard Trenchant closed down their Pune office. Do they ask for funds?

I was going through forum "Elitetrader" and came across this prop firm "Shark Traders". I came to know that they have their presence in India as well, however I was unable to find any information about them. Is anyone here having any experience with them?

I also spoke to one other prop firm which gave me below details of charges. I would like to know how competitive are these charges.

1. Ticket : $4.5 per 1000 shares traded
2. Regulatory taxes (SEC, TAF, NSCC, NASD )
3. ECN rebates : Yes
4. Platform fee : Sterling $ 180.
5. DATA feeds : $ 103
6. One time deposit of Rs.30000 and access to company funds with purchasing power of
$100k.
7. 50% payout plan which is delayed for one month.

Help and advise is very much appreciated.

NJ23

I was going through forum "Elitetrader" and came across this prop firm "Shark Traders". I came to know that they have their presence in India as well, however I was unable to find any information about them. Is anyone here having any experience with them?

I also spoke to one other prop firm which gave me below details of charges. I would like to know how competitive are these charges.

1. Ticket : $4.5 per 1000 shares traded
2. Regulatory taxes (SEC, TAF, NSCC, NASD )
3. ECN rebates : Yes
4. Platform fee : Sterling $ 180.
5. DATA feeds : $ 103
6. One time deposit of Rs.30000 and access to company funds with purchasing power of
$100k.
7. 50% payout plan which is delayed for one month.

Help and advise is very much appreciated.
Sounds a fair deal. Can you give the details of the firm? Shark Traders has skpe ID in their website.

Blackhole

Spoke with Shark traders / Tradenet / Galaxy

Both are more interested in brokerage, Both wanted some deposit say $1200 to $2000 , both would charge for trading software per month, would give u leverage and will suggest only to daytrade and charge brokerage in return.

monthly trading software charge varies from $150-225-250.

Shark traders :not sure abt brokerage could be $2 per 1000 share( leverage 30 times software charge range above 150/month, $50 scanner extra)
galaxy said $3 brokerage per 1000 share.(leverage 40 times,$150 for one takion software,220 for sterling pro)

** Galaxy and Suntrust belong to same flagship **

**** Most of them wont allow u to trade futures and options only daytrade equity , None of them Provide historical data for backtesting****

Last edited: