Need of a chatroom for trade ideas?

Would you be interested in a live chat room during market hours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan4ucar

I was going tru the journal today , it seems like there are traders interested in a live chat sessions during market hours, which is a damn good idea to generate trade ideas, i trade the us markets and a very good site is stocktwits which enables traders to interact and tell their trade ideas which is very good as it creates an environment where every body can learn from every body.

so i request members here to vote if a chat room is required.
If traderji cannot accomodate it then perhaps we could start a google hangout or something no worries as there are multiple options available , but it would be great if traderji starts one.

dell

yes , it is very must needed for a newbie to learn , to see how other mature trader's r behaving on a loosing trade , the main barrier of physcology (fear , greed) is overcomed when he saw other trader's r also taking the same trade ...............
many times it distracts also but in all , it is useful for newbies , learner's .................

nice initiative , if tj introdce this feature than it will be best ,
if not than plz u can start on skype , or google hangout.............

I was going tru the journal today , it seems like there are traders interested in a live chat sessions during market hours, which is a damn good idea to generate trade ideas, i trade the us markets and a very good site is stocktwits which enables traders to interact and tell their trade ideas which is very good as it creates an environment where every body can learn from every body.

so i request members here to vote if a chat room is required.
If traderji cannot accomodate it then perhaps we could start a google hangout or something no worries as there are multiple options available , but it would be great if traderji starts one.
Good idea but difficult to implement because of the following :

1) Successful traders are very busy in trading so the chat room will not get successful traders participating during trading hours. Most people hanging around the whole day in chat room will generally be guys who dont trade, are undercapitalised and they want to do some timepass,system and methods peddlers who dont have guts to trade their own methods and make money but more interested in selling AFLs, softwares, sure fire systems etc.

2) I have seen many chatrooms finally close down due to fights, egoes,oneupmanship,and wasted interest in soliciting clients for services. I recently came across a traders trading chatroom discussing on line discount deals like you buy 4 toothpastes and get 3 free on it (it is real) ,Pathetic and disgusting to say the least....

3) A chatroom discussing just 1 method and trades could be a good idea if the participants have knowledge about that method.....else too preliminary questions which need too lengthy answers kills the initiative of good traders to share. If people start discussing many methods it will be a chaos.

4) Why would a successful trader participate ? What is the incentive ? If he wants to share his ideas free, he would do it in forum posts at his free time and not in trading time. Arguments,fights, criticism all he would take for what ??

5) A group who does not trade can start a chatroom on small entry fees and monitor the chatroom,but the success of such chatroom depends on the kind of good traders participating.

There may be some exceptions to all that is said above but they are very few...

Smart_trade

ryan4ucar

1) Successful traders are very busy in trading so the chat room will not get successful traders participating during trading hours. Most people hanging around the whole day in chat room will generally be guys who dont trade, are undercapitalised and they want to do some timepass,system and methods peddlers who dont have guts to trade their own methods and make money but more interested in selling AFLs, softwares, sure fire systems etc.

2) I have seen many chatrooms finally close down due to fights, egoes,oneupmanship,and wasted interest in soliciting clients for services. I recently came across a traders trading chatroom discussing on line discount deals like you buy 4 toothpastes and get 3 free on it (it is real) ,Pathetic and disgusting to say the least....

3) A chatroom discussing just 1 method and trades could be a good idea if the participants have knowledge about that method.....else too preliminary questions which need too lengthy answers kills the initiative of good traders to share. If people start discussing many methods it will be a chaos.

4) Why would a successful trader participate ? What is the incentive ? If he wants to share his ideas free, he would do it in forum posts at his free time and not in trading time. Arguments,fights, criticism all he would take for what ??

5) A group who does not trade can start a chatroom on small entry fees and monitor the chatroom,but the success of such chatroom depends on the kind of good traders participating.

Smart_trade

What you say is very true smart_trade, but it is also not true that all successful traders are only interested in making money , in fact some of the best traders i know of are open with their system if its discretionary as they know that when it comes to the extreme right side of the chart then he/she is the only one that's going to know whats best to do. These world class traders do so because they want feedback about their positions . somebody might just alert them of something and it gets a totally different idea in your head and also they want share their experience to the trading community.

Some people think trade ideas are tips and trade of of them which is wrong but its inevitable that it will happen.

fights will take place everywhere i just got attacked by a person who doesnt even know me here.

Anyways considering your opinion then a tweet based sytem would be great then as this does not involve chat and personal attck , just block the thoughtless person you is attacking you... and if your tweets are not use ful nobody will follow you anyways .... its a win win situation .

What are your thoughts?

ryan4ucar

its super easy to have a chat room...
and we don't need to integrate that here in the forum...

http://webchat.freenode.net/
use the channel name: #traderji

That's it...

but I am not into chatting... I prefer to turn off everything else during trading hours.
yes buddy its difficult to chat and trade i was so busy that i left the live trade diary i had started as it affected me the few days i was maintaining it.
I now think that a tweet based system is best instead of chat .

VIKAS 21

Idea of Chat room can be useful but we need to fulfill following conditions for it to be successful.....

1. There must be a fee so that only serious traders can participate, though the fee can be minimal but it must be.....

2.it must be on the discretion of moderator he can terminate the membership of any member any time ...

3.In a chat room only single method should be discussed & traded...

No doubt the idea of chat room can be very useful for novice traders but we have the other face of picture too...

Smart_trade
Chat room live is very dangerous for day trader ......You will face contradiction ...........So kill the noise......I already post in my thread.....BDW....I am ready to join:D.....But I will take Charge (incentive)for that....I (one full)Black Dog...weekly.....:D.......bcz m drunker....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

VIKAS 21

:
Chat room live is very dangerous for day trader ......You will face contradiction ...........So kill the noise......I already post in my thread.....BDW....I am ready to join:D.....But I will take Charge (incentive)for that....I (one full)Black Dog...weekly.....:D.......bcz m drunker....:lol::lol::lol::lol:
It will be paid.. everybody who wants to join will have to give a minimal fees...:D

What you say is very true smart_trade, but it is also not true that all successful traders are only interested in making money , in fact some of the best traders i know of are open with their system if its discretionary as they know that when it comes to the extreme right side of the chart then he/she is the only one that's going to know whats best to do. These world class traders do so because they want feedback about their positions . somebody might just alert them of something and it gets a totally different idea in your head and also they want share their experience to the trading community.

Some people think trade ideas are tips and trade of of them which is wrong but its inevitable that it will happen.

fights will take place everywhere i just got attacked by a person who doesnt even know me here.

Anyways considering your opinion then a tweet based sytem would be great then as this does not involve chat and personal attck , just block the thoughtless person you is attacking you... and if your tweets are not use ful nobody will follow you anyways .... its a win win situation .

What are your thoughts?
Yes , Ryan....what you say will work provided all participants are successful traders ( like many successful traders have each other on skypes or yahoo messenger and they just share few lines during the day...that will help in knowing how another successful trader is looking at the markets from his perspective/view.And all the participants need to be of that calibre and knowledge level.

But most new guys will come to chatroom for learning new techniques,good methods,learning how to trade....and it is perfectly fine, we all did that when we were juniors. But methods cannot be explained in chatroom during market hours, we have forum for that.

We had a chatroom in TJ sometime back but experience was so bad that it was closed. There people chitchated ,faught,played group politics,tried to sell tips service subscriptions,talked nonstop nonsense....and not even 20 % was trading related....

But I am in full agreement with you that we have to minimise the bad effects and project good purpose of such chatrooms by moderating that well and self discipline and self regulation......

Smart_trade

Status
Not open for further replies.