Need of a chatroom for trade ideas?

Would you be interested in a live chat room during market hours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan4ucar

Yes , Ryan....what you say will work provided all participants are successful traders ( like many successful traders have each other on skypes or yahoo messenger and they just share few lines during the day...that will help in knowing how another successful trader is looking at the markets from his perspective/view.And all the participants need to be of that calibre and knowledge level.

But most new guys will come to chatroom for learning new techniques,good methods,learning how to trade....and it is perfectly fine, we all did that when we were juniors. But methods cannot be explained in chatroom during market hours, we have forum for that.

We had a chatroom in TJ sometime back but experience was so bad that it was closed. There people chitchated ,faught,played group politics,tried to sell tips service subscriptions,talked nonstop nonsense....and not even 20 % was trading related....

But I am in full agreement with you that we have to minimise the bad effects and project good purpose of such chatrooms by moderating that well and self discipline and self regulation......

Smart_trade

Well smart trade the first time i learnt techical analysis i thought a became smarter than anybody else and lost even more money then before , then i realised technical trading is all mechanical you cant keep on doing same technical analysis for changing markets. Thats when i relalized psychology is more important in real time trading to anticipate what people will do , a proper chat/tweet based system enhances a traders sense even futher. Its always good to hear other peoples opinion that y we have forums, according to me its even better when combined in a live enivironment, i am not saying i will waste time and trading opportunity to tell people about my trading thoughts but just make them aware in realtime if there were any pits ahead , like a major support or resistance ahead. analysis realttime even if its 3 times a day is good enough , anyways if you cant offer anything special people will not follow , if you are just an entertainer , people who seek entertainmen will follow not real traders .
So the basic point is if real traders follow real traders then automatically numbers will add , this what i am talking about is not a gyan distrubuting service to newbees ... its something professionals will learn from other professionals who have different setups and different timeframes, the new people who want to be profssionals should also be welcomed no harm in that

ryan4ucar

Idea of Chat room can be useful but we need to fulfill following conditions for it to be successful.....

1. There must be a fee so that only serious traders can participate, though the fee can be minimal but it must be.....

2.it must be on the discretion of moderator he can terminate the membership of any member any time ...

3.In a chat room only single method should be discussed & traded...

No doubt the idea of chat room can be very useful for novice traders but we have the other face of picture too...

True buddy but this wasnt my intention , once you have a moderator or some else to mind the class then people automatically turn rowdy ... single method never exists as even similar methods have many variants , i am an intrday swing trader and a scalper ,thatis i hold positions for almost entire day to simetimes 2 minutes , another trader could be only intraday target bast trader he sets targets and sticks to them big difference isnt it?

the best nifty futures advisory which gives avg 12-28% consistent monthly returns. Advisory Services @ Rs.4000/-pm and Profit Sharing Plans as well. Excellent Services. ************************
Welcome sir, we are just discussing chatroom idea...you seem to be already in business by posting the same post in different threads all at a time....:D

Smart_trade

A suggestion for u my friend save all your money and trade opposite your own tips youll never have to advise anybody in the future.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:......nice tight s***

VIKAS 21

True buddy but this wasnt my intention , once you have a moderator or some else to mind the class then people automatically turn rowdy ... single method never exists as even similar methods have many variants , i am an intrday swing trader and a scalper ,thatis i hold positions for almost entire day to simetimes 2 minutes , another trader could be only intraday target bast trader he sets targets and sticks to them big difference isnt it?
No chat room can be successful without a moderator...some more experience guy who have full knowledge of method... as we have in some other forums like TSF ETC..

Different method can have different chat room , as different method will have diff exit & entry that will create chaos & there will not be any understanding there...

The only benefit can be when we trading with same method & moderator as a teacher in between his free time gives his inputs that there can be this trade .....
also other traders trading the same method can discuss about the trades.. If all trading diff methods then there will be thousands of entry * exits & there will not be any out put...

ryan4ucar

No chat room can be successful without a moderator...some more experience guy who have full knowledge of method... as we have in some other forums like TSF ETC..

Different method can have different chat room , as different method will have diff exit & entry that will create chaos & there will not be any understanding there...

The only benefit can be when we trading with same method & moderator as a teacher in between his free time gives his inputs that there can be this trade .....
also other traders trading the same method can discuss about the trades.. If all trading diff methods then there will be thousands of entry * exits & there will not be any out put...

Thats exactly what i want to achieve buddy thousands of entries and exits , its noise , now you go in there and find the diamonds , when you try to find diamonds you actually learn from others mistakes and try not to do them yourself you become independant , you listen to other but your judgement is your own and your own decision , as i keep on telling people trading is an art not science , you have to learn it not following other people but following yourself , others are there just to feed your brain somethoughts and no experinced trader is going to waste his time even during offmarkets hours to sit with others unless you pay him tuition fees and he is willing to give time ... anyways best is to learn by tourself and the little offreings experinced traders give. hope you understood the point

ryan4ucar

well alot of seniors dont like the idea , a lot of juniors want it may be for tips maybe for learning ... anyways was good to have the vote and a healthy discussion , moderators please close this thread if possible.

Thread closed on request of thread starter.

Smart_trade

Status
Not open for further replies.