Need help with this ema crossover strategy

I have attached the image of ema crossover in 15mins chart.
The arrows are crossover alerts . I need help in filtering the
whipsaws . I know we cant avoid whipsaws in trading. but i hope it can be reduced. I need some help. if u have any idea pls feel free to share. thank u .

WHIPSAWFF.png

whipsaws . I know we cant avoid whipsaws in trading. but i hope it can be reduced. I need some help. if u have any idea pls feel free to share. thank u .

View attachment 31654
i'm no expert but i think if you increase the time frame whiplashes will be excluded....

regards
Greg

KAL.YUG

i'm no expert but i think if you increase the time frame whiplashes will be excluded....

regards
Greg

If you increase Time frame you'll have whiplashes in that TF as well
You can use a oscillator (like MACD, RSI, Stoc ,etc - spend time & research for your preference) indicator for confirmation
+ Pivot or Fib. You'll have to work on them, give time to understand and make a choice.

P.S: There are many other indicators and tools, those mentioned above came to my mind and are very common.
There are 100's more you can google.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for spending your valuable time for helping me out bro. i tryed using rsi with 10,15,,21,28 & level 50 above buy and below sell. But in long term rsi,macd.. they dont work. i have done manual backtesting.

KAL.YUG

There are many books on trading and trading system (where the author describes his choice of tools and how to use them effectively) you can search for them and read, choose and decide which fits your personality.

I am comfortable with Chaos Theory by Bill Williams + other tools.

Reading once wont help, you have to reread and invest your time and money.
You may think you have understood (you really must have) but it will take time and strike you what it actually means only after you do the same thing repeatedly i.e reading charts. Do not hop from one system/ indicator to other very frequently you need to give it some time.

i am also new trader and trying to work out strategy based on MA crossovers. i am continuously studying daily charts. for filtering the signals - support and resistance areas, 50 SMA, VWAP with some price action may help. these are my findings which i am still working out. even using RSI simply for reversal trades also can help. but it will be discretionary method. cant automate fully. put your thoughts too.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer

View attachment 31654
I have been testing a similar strategy for hourly chart. For reducing whipsaws i used rsi > 50.The results changed dramatically.
But it works in long only strategy. I used Amibroker with 3-1/2 yrs data.