Need Help Choosing a Laptop for Trading

Any particular Bias for Lenovo???

Consider other brands also.

Having good experience of 4 years with HP Pavilion. Still Happily married to it.
No Bias for any brand, just trying to start with this one till i reach some definite configuration.
Have previously used DELL / LENOVO(IBM) even ACER

But yes quite biased when it comes to using charts can't do without using candles :D

Thanks

Happy :)

Ok so here's the configuration for the Laptop

Full HD Monitor 15.6" (lets say 14" to 16" for more choice)

For primary drive a SDD is preferred [Even 128 GB should be fine]
(Right click on my current C drive shows its used abt 21 GB, another 16 on D drive after yrs of use)
If only one drive can go in, still ok with 128 GB SSD, can use external HD drive for backup etc.

4 / 8 GB RAM

i3 / i5 Processor

4 cell battery with about 4 Hrs

Please suggest Make/Model for above specs
as from the limited search I made not able to find anything exactly matching it.

Thanks

TracerBullet

For primary drive a SDD is preferred [Even 128 GB should be fine]
(Right click on my current C drive shows its used abt 21 GB, another 16 on D drive after yrs of use)
If only one drive can go in, still ok with 128 GB SSD, can use external HD drive for backup etc.
Most models wont have SSD. Much better to buy with laptop harddisk and take it out and replace with SSD ( whenever you want) instead of paying premium ( if you dont manage to find such laptop )
You can buy an enclosure and convert Laptop Harddisk to external ( External harddisk is basically internal inside an enclosure that does SATA to USB ).
Small Enclosures for 2.5'' i think cost less than 1k. SSDs keep getting cheaper. 256 GB SSD will cost around 7k. I got this one. Then it was 7.5k+ and maybe around 6.7k after discount. Now listed price itself is 7k :)

Edit - one more thing, i suggested Full HD because you showed laptops with 30k+. Since you already have external monitor, IF you want cheaper, you can always try to check cheaper options in 25k or below range and go with standard resolution panels. I dont follow laptops ( prefer Desktops ) so dont know price range these days, but previously decent cheap laptops were available for 22-25k before.

Last edited:
I am also looking for replacing my laptop with new one to be used for trading.

minimum requirements shortlisted, after market survey over last few weeks, -
I3 5th Gen processor
4 GB RAM
500GB/1TB hard disk
Windows 10 original

With these specs in mind, shortlisted Lenovo G 50-80.
Additional features available on this laptop vis-à-vis other ones in market, as told by sales guys -
1. better sound due to dolby (not sure of brand) speakers
2. this laptop has VGA port (comparative HP models do not have VGA port)

Getting the best deal from Croma who are having scheme of 5% cashback on SBI debit/credit cards till 24-Jul-16.
Moroever, Lenovo is running a scheme (till Jul end) whereby they are giving 2 years additional warranty for INR 600.
(HP and Dell are also running the similar scheme but the payout is much higher)

Missing things - any laptop will not have original Office.
I have requirement for excel, word, powerpoint and outlook and would like to have original one's rather than the pirated ones. Original ones have high cost. need to figure this out.
Regarding Screen, this one is not having FHD. Need to understand the practical difference in FHD and lower specs.

Amit

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I am also looking for replacing my laptop with new one to be used for trading.

minimum requirements shortlisted, after market survey over last few weeks, -
I3 5th Gen processor
4 GB RAM
500GB/1TB hard disk
Windows 10 original

With these specs in mind, shortlisted Lenovo G 50-80.
Additional features available on this laptop vis-à-vis other ones in market, as told by sales guys -
1. better sound due to dolby (not sure of brand) speakers
2. this laptop has VGA port (comparative HP models do not have VGA port)

Getting the best deal from Croma who are having scheme of 5% cashback on SBI debit/credit cards till 24-Jul-16.
Moroever, Lenovo is running a scheme (till Jul end) whereby they are giving 2 years additional warranty for INR 600.
(HP and Dell are also running the similar scheme but the payout is much higher)

Missing things - any laptop will not have original Office.
I have requirement for excel, word, powerpoint and outlook and would like to have original one's rather than the pirated ones. Original ones have high cost. need to figure this out.
Regarding Screen, this one is not having FHD. Need to understand the practical difference in FHD and lower specs.

Amit
are u sure other models don have vga port?
i thought vga port is standard fitting, like ethernet port. :confused:

happy ji, then in ur checklist u must include availability of vga, otherwise extra monitor cannot be uesd.

are u sure other models don have vga port?
i thought vga port is standard fitting, like ethernet port. :confused:

happy ji, then in ur checklist u must include availability of vga, otherwise extra monitor cannot be uesd.
My 4 yr young HP Pavilion do have a VGA port also. Not sure about others..
Me thinks either VGA or HDMI ports will do

My current config uses a VGA port/wire, but the monitor also has one port labeled as DMI, so should be able to connect it using HDMI cable

But, yes it is something to make sure before finalizing as ability to connect second monitor as a extended desktop is a must.

Thanks