need clarification

gopu said:
Hi All,

how to analyse those things?

what is the time frame i have to take for analysing stocks for day trading? like whether i have to 5 or 10 or 15 minute charts?

these questions may be silly or childish to most of the people here. but i am beginner and i would like to know the details...

gopu
This may help you to get started. Spend sometime with it and see when and where it breaks down and why.

CCI(13) system consist of five componets.

[A]First CCI(13) must go below -100 for a buy signal and above +100 for a sell signal and subsequently reverse by one period.
Once the reversal occurs the buy/sell alert is sounded; begin looking to MACD (5,35,4) for confirmation.
The most conservative confirmation would occur when the signal line crosses the difference line. However, system also allows confirmation if a reversal in direction is apparent or there is a "convergence" of these two lines.
Confirmation by MACD generally lags the buy/sell alert by several days.
[C]Once MACD (5,35,4) has confirmed the CCI(13) by/sell alert, it is important to check three additional indicators for further confirmation.
First, DMI- (selling pressure) must be declining by at least one period for buy signals and DMI+ (buying pressure) must declining by at least one period for sell signals. Does NOT require a rising ADX line. Simply requires +/-DMI to be moving in direction of trade by at least one period when MACD confirms.
[ii] Secondly RSI (9) must be moving in direction of the trade by at least one period.
[iii]Relative Strength vs A major index must be moving in direction of the trade by at least one period(so that you do not fight the overall market).
[D]Can also use a 5/13 period moving average x-over if desired but this indicator is not a required part of the system.

System should work across all time periods.

Also read this:

http://stockcharts.com/education/TradingStrategies/Multicollinearity.html