Need advice from current users of sharekhan and kotak securities

Hi,

I am soooo a newbie to all this Please help and dont get frustrated.

I want to start (totally new to Shares and trading) Share trading through internet and after reading a lot about the user experiences I have zeroed in on sharekhan and kotak securities.
But all i have read was at least 6 to 7 months old.

I want to know which would be better? I really want to have intraday option available, and I need to have access to complete research reports not the limited ones. I am kind of feeling kotak would be better but I read that their rates are very high compared to sharekhan.

Would you guys also recommend what sort of plans would be better suited for me if i go for kotak securities, I Am So Confused about all this, I have tried calling kotak securities helpline they have got so many schemes like advance brokerage etc. Just what should I ask from them with respect to me being a beginner, I feel that no matter how good the broker is they would always want more profit for them and hence i want to know what to ask for before they tell me the schemes that might sound good to me but might be actually good for them.

Please help me avoid Beginner mistakes.

Thanks in advance for your help and time

well kotak is not a good options for day trading....the brokerage are high and you have to pay taxes like stt, stamp duty etc...so better avoid kotak for day trading........if you want to go for kotak then do a rough calculation that how much you are going to trade,,what will be your turnover then decide plan accordingly......

HI, TRY IN BEZEL GROUP,ACC OPENING FREE,INTRADAY-0.01 ,DELIVERY-0.10, FOR DERIVATIVES,Rs.10/LOT (OR) TRY ZERODHA,20/TRADE OR INTRADAY -0.01,DELIVERY 0.10,IN DERIVATIVES,Rs.20/TRADE (IF U BOUGHT 100 LOTS ONLY Rs.20)

dhc

Hi,

I too am in a similar situation like you, I am trying to seek expert advice but am unable to obtain the same.

Let me know what exactly have you decided on and how you are going about getting a trading platform.

Good luck!

Hi,

I am soooo a newbie to all this Please help and dont get frustrated.

I want to start (totally new to Shares and trading) Share trading through internet and after reading a lot about the user experiences I have zeroed in on sharekhan and kotak securities.
But all i have read was at least 6 to 7 months old.

I want to know which would be better? I really want to have intraday option available, and I need to have access to complete research reports not the limited ones. I am kind of feeling kotak would be better but I read that their rates are very high compared to sharekhan.

Would you guys also recommend what sort of plans would be better suited for me if i go for kotak securities, I Am So Confused about all this, I have tried calling kotak securities helpline they have got so many schemes like advance brokerage etc. Just what should I ask from them with respect to me being a beginner, I feel that no matter how good the broker is they would always want more profit for them and hence i want to know what to ask for before they tell me the schemes that might sound good to me but might be actually good for them.

Please help me avoid Beginner mistakes.

Thanks in advance for your help and time

HI, TRY IN BEZEL GROUP,ACC OPENING FREE,INTRADAY-0.01 ,DELIVERY-0.10, FOR DERIVATIVES,Rs.10/LOT (OR) TRY ZERODHA,20/TRADE OR INTRADAY -0.01,DELIVERY 0.10,IN DERIVATIVES,Rs.20/TRADE (IF U BOUGHT 100 LOTS ONLY Rs.20)
good idea, but what trading software ther provide ie Odin TTAadance etc or its webbased.

If you are using kotak securities currently please give your reviews on brokerage and software. It will be very much useful for me and other newbies.

Thank you!

sridhar

If you plan to day intraday trading in Options using the tips of these brokerage houses, you will be bled dry by the brokerage, over a very short period of time.

Eg. with Kotak's Rs. 10,000 advance brokerage you are charged 50 per option lot each way. Buy 300 Nifty 5800 CE @ 56.75 & sell @ 59.59 (typical trade). You make a gross of 852. Brokerage on Kotak will be 300+300 = 600. Other taxes etc. will eat out the balance. On Zerodha you can get away with 20+20+other charges. Comes to max 60. (790 profit on 17025 investment is 4.64% return. This is typically max you get in a single intraday trade.)

You need to understand the market & formulate your own approach.

In options trading you need to go in for a large no of lots to be able to take advantage of intraday moves. Only Zerodha, or if you do a very high no of trades then RSKV, will enable you to make money.

See my post:
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/73585-zerodha-part-2-a-45.html#post726576