NCFM capital Market dealer module e book

These exams are good initiative by NSE to ensure that guys who trade on auto trades and also who enter trades for others have basic knowledge how the terminal,order matching,margining,M to M ,VAR margins etc is done....NSE is very rigid about having valid certificate.The day the certificate expires,they just disconnect the terminal....no concessions there...

For derivatives validity of the certificate is 3 years...so new exam and certificate after every 3 years.

Smart_trade

Last edited:
If you want dealers terminal on NSE F&O,you require derivatives module certificate.....dealers module is for cash market shares.

ST
For using a dealer's terminal, one has to go through a broker or can a NCFM certified dealer trade directly ?

For using a dealer's terminal, one has to go through a broker or can a NCFM certified dealer trade directly ?
One has to go through the broker...broker gives us dealers terminal and NSE allows to connect that terminal to NSE through CTCL through a broker. But NCFM certificate is a must condition for operating such terminal.

Smart_trade

wisp

One has to go through the broker...broker gives us dealers terminal and NSE allows to connect that terminal to NSE through CTCL through a broker. But NCFM certificate is a must condition for operating such terminal.

Smart_trade
ST Da,
Good Morning, is there any advantage to using the dealers terminal?

ST Da,
Good Morning, is there any advantage to using the dealers terminal?
Good morning wisp.Following advantages :

1) For algo trading, the order can go through without confirmation from the customer only in dealers terminal...for clients terminal, you have to give confirmation for each order.

2) One can trade on several accounts mapped to him ( such as family members accounts or if one is doing PMS, clients accounts) with a single log in only in dealers terminal.

For clients who trade only on one single account , there is no advantage...

Smart_trade

Last edited:

iTrade

Good morning wisp.Following advantages :

1) For algo trading, the order can go through without confirmation from the customer only in dealers terminal...for clients terminal, you have to give confirmation for each order.

2) One can trade on several accounts mapped to him ( such as family members accounts or if one is doing PMS, clients accounts) with a single log in only in dealers terminal.

For clients who trade only on one single account , there is no advantage...

Smart_trade
That is really some valuable information. I had more questions related to it.
1. I totally plan to use the dealer terminal for algo trading for myself(not for family/friends). Am I going in right direction?
2. Since you have already done the certification, can I ask whether you nest plus api for placing automated trades or anything else custom? I am fine if you want to skip this second question if it reveals your trading style.

That is really some valuable information. I had more questions related to it.
1. I totally plan to use the dealer terminal for algo trading for myself(not for family/friends). Am I going in right direction?
2. Since you have already done the certification, can I ask whether you nest plus api for placing automated trades or anything else custom? I am fine if you want to skip this second question if it reveals your trading style.
1) For algo trading you have to go for dealers terminal as confirming a order everytime is not practical and then algo loses its advantage. So for dealer's terminal you need Derivatives certification. I have no view on whether algo trading will be profitable or not as I dont do algo trading.

2) I have a dealers terminal from one of the brokers ( not Zerodha) ...I dont use it for algo trading but I use it to trade on accounts of my family members with a single log in .I dont do any PMS for any clients.

Smart_trade

cloudTrader

1) For algo trading you have to go for dealers terminal as confirming a order everytime is not practical and then algo loses its advantage. So for dealer's terminal you need Derivatives certification. I have no view on whether algo trading will be profitable or not as I dont do algo trading.

2) I have a dealers terminal from one of the brokers ( not Zerodha) ...I dont use it for algo trading but I use it to trade on accounts of my family members with a single log in .I dont do any PMS for any clients.

Smart_trade
So does this imply that if we place a trade based on certain conditions, we would be able to do this at the same time for our account and for our family members' account simultaneously replicating the same trade?

Thanks.

So does this imply that if we place a trade based on certain conditions, we would be able to do this at the same time for our account and for our family members' account simultaneously replicating the same trade?

Thanks.
That will require some algo programme. What I do is I can enter the orders in my account and my family members account from the same log in by just changing the customer code or client ID. But I have to place these myself by typing the order with the keyboard.

Smart_trade