Natural Gas Trader with 3 years of experience in trading.

Hello everyone today I dedicate my first thread to all of you traderji members. I have been into trading since last 3 years and I have got many valuable inputs from this Traderji forum. After incorporating various ideas from thread members and reading some trading books I have understood once thing and that is.. The best trading book in the world is your own trading journal. So now I have developed a strategy for natural gas commodity and would like to share with you people so that you too can earn from it.

6 PM STRATEGY ON NATURAL GAS

Time of trade - Everyday after 6pm candle i.e 6.30 pm

You can wait until 9.pm candle i.e 9.30 pm to see if the set up exists. Strictly no trade after 9.30 pm

Time frame - 30 mins

Should you follow any trend?

No. In this strategy you won't be following any trend just buy/sell when the setup gives you the opportunity.

Trade Setup

Buy - if you get a green candle making higher high and higher low than the previous candle. If the 6pm candle makes higher high and higher low than the 5.30pm candle you can buy above that 6pm candle and put a stop loss below the previous candle i.e the 5.30 pm candle.

Sell - if you get a red candle making lower high and lower low than the previous candle. If the 6pm candle makes lower high and lower low than the 5.30pm candle then you can sell below the 6pm candle and put a stop loss above the previous candle i.e 5.30 pm candle.

Note: Always put a filter of .20 points on natural gas whether you buy or sell that day. If you plan to buy at the high of the candle which is suppose 158.40 then don't buy exactly at 158.40 instead buy at 158.60 and place the order as stoploss buy order so that the order is placed only if the price reaches 158.70

Suppose your buy opportunity fails at 6pm and while you wait for another buy opportunity, if you are getting a selling opportunity then don't hesitate to sell. You are not looking for any trends in this strategy if you get buy you buy and if you get sell you sell.

This is a very simple strategy. Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Good luck :)

newtrader101

6 PM STRATEGY ON NATURAL GAS

Time of trade - Everyday after 6pm candle i.e 6.30 pm

You can wait until 9.pm candle i.e 9.30 pm to see if the set up exists. Strictly no trade after 9.30 pm

Time frame - 30 mins

Should you follow any trend?

No. In this strategy you won't be following any trend just buy/sell when the setup gives you the opportunity.

Trade Setup

Buy - if you get a green candle making higher high and higher low than the previous candle. If the 6pm candle makes higher high and higher low than the 5.30pm candle you can buy above that 6pm candle and put a stop loss below the previous candle i.e the 5.30 pm candle.

Sell - if you get a red candle making lower high and lower low than the previous candle. If the 6pm candle makes lower high and lower low than the 5.30pm candle then you can sell below the 6pm candle and put a stop loss above the previous candle i.e 5.30 pm candle.

Note: Always put a filter of .20 points on natural gas whether you buy or sell that day. If you plan to buy at the high of the candle which is suppose 158.40 then don't buy exactly at 158.40 instead buy at 158.60 and place the order as stoploss buy order so that the order is placed only if the price reaches 158.70

Suppose your buy opportunity fails at 6pm and while you wait for another buy opportunity, if you are getting a selling opportunity then don't hesitate to sell. You are not looking for any trends in this strategy if you get buy you buy and if you get sell you sell.

This is a very simple strategy. Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Good luck :)
What is the target, as you said this is not trend following.

What is the target, as you said this is not trend following.
Good question and sorry I forgot to mention it in my post. The target is the day end when the intraday positions are automatically squared off by the broker. The main benefit of holding it until the day end is.. your loss is always limited by your stop loss but your profits are not limited to a few points.

Guys please let me know how it works for you. I think this would work best if you don't modify it with anything else like indicators. It is a pure mechanical strategy. And remember you have complete freedom to back test it before you use it in your real trading with natural gas. I have been using this strategy for a while and after using a new one which didn't give much results I am going back to using the same old one from tmrw.
Good luck to everyone :)