Nasdaq Trader looking to trade on BSE

Hello Gurus,

With all the volatility int he global markets and the absymal valuations in some of the indian stocks I thought I would take a shot at BSE.

I have been day trading on the NASDAQ for about 2 yrs. and have managed a decent win ratio. I am now looking to try out my skills on the BSE with an initial capital of 2 lacs (risk capital). From my experience every market is unique and I am sure BSE has its own flavors.

While I have a number of questions i will keep the initial ones to following-

Which brokerage is best suited for stock day trading?
With a risk capital of 2 lacs what is the consensus earning per month?
I will be living in Mumbai for about 2 months and would like to know if there is any good day trading coach specializing in BSE?
I am an NRI - will that restrict my trading in any way?

Many thanks in advance to those willing to answer!

Karan

ARMHM

Hello Gurus,

With all the volatility int he global markets and the absymal valuations in some of the indian stocks I thought I would take a shot at BSE.

I have been day trading on the NASDAQ for about 2 yrs. and have managed a decent win ratio. I am now looking to try out my skills on the BSE with an initial capital of 2 lacs (risk capital). From my experience every market is unique and I am sure BSE has its own flavors.

While I have a number of questions i will keep the initial ones to following-

Which brokerage is best suited for stock day trading?
With a risk capital of 2 lacs what is the consensus earning per month?
I will be living in Mumbai for about 2 months and would like to know if there is any good day trading coach specializing in BSE?
I am an NRI - will that restrict my trading in any way?

Many thanks in advance to those willing to answer!

Karan
Why BSE and not NSE? BSE has thin volume while NSE turnover is huge. Any specific reason to choose BSE?
BTW are you in any way related to Ekta Kapoor? :D:D

HI Guys ,

I am newbie and would like to ask something pointed out in the above 2 posts:

Why should one prefer NSE over BSE? And is only for day trding or for long term invstments also?

Thanks

Why BSE ?

Secondly, what does abysmal valuations have to do with day-trading ? Do you plan to use any valuation based strategies in your day-trading ? Valuations are relative - you think valuations are abysmal, I think the valuations still pricey and need to come down by another 20% ;-)

Thanks Adheer,

The reason i mentioned valuations is that the stock price reflects them and in the current market the stocks are really cheap - allowing me to do more with my capital.

As for the consensus on monthly earnings with $10,000 - i agree - most traders who have not done their homework will blow it away sooner than later - but the ones who are there to trade it right rather than worry about making money(like myself) find that there is an average amount that can be made per month (i make anywhere between $700-$1000 per week and i only trade pre market gaps on Nasdaq) - most professional traders I know make within this range following the pre market strategy.

It is interesting to note your mention about no formal trainings/coachings. There are institutes (eg. avava.in) that are crying out loud running trading courses but my experience has told me to be wary of such bodies. I was looking for an experienced day trader on this forum who could mentor me for a couple of months for a paid fees !

cheers
Karan
(and no I am not related to Ekta Kapoor - who is she?:confused:)