Name of this options strategy

Hi all..What is the option strategy called when if someone is bullish but to protect from some downside:-

Buys(long) ITM call and and at the same time buys (long) OTM lower put

For e.g- Current Reliance rate is 1290 and am bullish so i buy long 1290 call and same time long 1240 put.

I have tried searching the net but have not been able to find exact strategy name some were similar but not exactly same.

I would like to study this strategy more so needed the name.

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
Hi all..What is the option strategy called when if someone is bullish but to protect from some downside:-

Buys(long) ITM call and and at the same time buys (long) OTM lower put

For e.g- Current Reliance rate is 1290 and am bullish so i buy long 1290 call and same time long 1240 put.

I have tried searching the net but have not been able to find exact strategy name some were similar but not exactly same.

I would like to study this strategy more so needed the name.
In the following link you can play around with your ideas. It is, as "bpr" already mentioned, a long strangle.
I just put in some parameters to show you some idea. Those parameters you can change according to your needs.

http://www.option-price.com/option-...&ex2=80&ex3=0&ex4=0&ex5=0&Calculate=Calculate

the payoff is similar to long strangle with one side bit off becuase u r buying ATM/ITM instead of OTM
Is this method not popular..as you mentioned i have read and heard trades with OTM but somehow there is suprisingly zero data with what i am trying to do...