naked option trading?

Subhadip

Subhadip

Invictus

Hi Purushotam, Thanks for updating it. I came here to ask someone else to take initiative for EOD update on option price, and I saw yours post. Please keep updating it for next 2 weeks, as I am leaving the option learning for now. I really had a bitter taste on option trading today and I decided to go back to future trading., I am not against learning new things, but now my focus is to be consistent in what I am doing currently.

So please carry on with regular EOD updates and request to Subhadip to teach about option geeks. I will come back on some future date to learn it for sure. This is the beauty of Traderji, that the gems of post never gets lost. So please document everything here or on some new thread. That will surely help me and everybody else wanting to be familiar with ioption geeks. Thank you.

never traded Banknifty Options,so this simple query-
say BNF LTP is 25360,
which strike price is best for ITM and ATM for quick scalping or little more points?

if its Nifty,I take 25300 ATM CE or 25200 ITM CE,so is it same for BNF options as its very volatile?

First of all ITM, ATM etc are based on underlying values (spot index value) and not on future values

So, if BN is at 24830, then 24800 C will be ITM. 24900 ATM, 25000 OTM and above 25100 deep OTM

Nearest one are good for trading

As you are new to option trading, avoid trading weekly options, and avoid trading options of expiry day. (except you know what you are doing)

Raj232

First of all ITM, ATM etc are based on underlying values (spot index value) and not on future values

So, if BN is at 24830, then 24800 C will be ITM. 24900 ATM, 25000 OTM and above 25100 deep OTM

Nearest one are good for trading

As you are new to option trading, avoid trading weekly options, and avoid trading options of expiry day. (except you know what you are doing)
@traderniftybull : Thanks for taking the initiative of explaining. Do you know by any chance which deep OTM options (esp Banknifty) are blocked by the exchange. Is there any notification published anywhere.. Thanks in advance!