~ n i f t y compass ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudoku1

Last edited:

sudoku1

India has 24 listed government-owned banks – State Bank of India and three associates, 14 banks nationalised in 1969, and six banks nationalised in 1980. The combined market value of these banks last weekend, with the exception of State Bank of India, was about Rs 1.59 lakh crore. That was fractionally less than the value of a singleHDFC Bank, which started from scratch in 1993 and had a market cap of Rs 1.6 lakh crore. The brightest star on the public sector banking horizon, State Bank of India, had a value on the market (Rs 1.13 lakh crore) that was less than that of ICICI Bank (Rs 1.21 lakh crore). In other words, two private banks of relatively recent vintage commanded greater value than the entire public sector banking system.
Dnt judge any bank by with market capitalisation...sbi has more than 15000 branches, 30000 atms across the country...most of his customers are farmers...
u can open an a/c at sbi with zero balance and no minimum balance charges.
do hdfc & icici go for rural ? impossible..
Mkt capitalisation is highly volatile..for eg Ranbaxy lost 20% of it in yesterday itself..

stock72

Me too felt funny ...One guy told me ..just wondered ..and it is always better to check ...hence raised the doubts

Dear Stock72,

Welcome back!

Why you have such a doubt? I thought you are a big F&O trader. I think even a beginner can see the expiry date in every F&O scrip. If you add any F&O trading symbol in market watch it should show the expiry date. :D

Cheers / Ananth

Status
Not open for further replies.