My Yesbank Covered Call P/L Live

Thanks for sharing your trade. I have also placed a covered call for Yes Bank but at a much lower strike of 160. The premium is lower but the margin of safety is much higher. I have 20 lots of different positions in Covered Calls and 4 positions of Covered Puts currently open.

mehtaka

Hi,

I am using covered call strategy in yesbank from 1st DEC 2018.

My starting investment: Rs.150000

Dec 2018 total P/L - Rs.20212
Jan 2019 (Till today 14/01/2019) Total P/L - 13212

My total P/L from 1st Dec 2018:
20212 + 13212 = Rs.33425

View attachment 32740

Today Position Closed:
View attachment 32741

Will continue to post my future P/L with you.
hi,
are you sure investment is just of Rs.150000/- ?
what i see from your trades , your investment should be minimum of 2.5 L and if we have 5 trades it will exceed 5 Lacs.

normally covered calls are . we buy in cash/future and sell OTM call options, here you sell ITM..
also on one instance you have sold futures and sold call options , how this works as covered call?

do gives us, or rather i would say teach us abt your strategy.

thank you

Last edited:
Great Dear,
Keep rocking, I hope you will be profit for ever with this strategy,
Thanks for sharing the positions, it gives more confidence to ppl, Keep sharing

Pls post the yes bank CE exit date and time also, Covered calls are giving good returns when the stock moves or side ways, But what if it falls suddenly, I tried it with hind unilever, ITM CE is not falling as much as the HUL FuT price, I can premium of only 20rs when it fallen 36rs, Even if I rollover the ITM Lesser CE strikes, its not giving me back the premium which i lost in fut, pls share your experience & the way to over come this, You can simply back test the hind uniliver from Jan contract beginning till today to understand the reality happened

hi,
are you sure investment is just of Rs.150000/- ?
what i see from your trades , your investment should be minimum of 2.5 L and if we have 5 trades it will exceed 5 Lacs.

normally covered calls are . we buy in cash/future and sell OTM call options, here you sell ITM..
also on one instance you have sold futures and sold call options , how this works as covered call?

do gives us, or rather i would say teach us abt your strategy.

thank you
Yes, Margin used was around Rs.140000 few days back. But last week as NSE increased the margin it become around Rs.190000
Check my Margin used after NSE margin increment.

Screenshot_1.png

My total cash balance in my account is around Rs.160000 only. But You also get some margin credit when you sell a call or put.

Margin requirement also depend on the Option strike sold.