My trading software gets disconnected frequently

Dear friends
I am using the equity and commodities software (New Pointer and Commodities Pointer) of Ventura Securities and Ventura Commodities respectively.
I have frequent disconnection of the software from the internet and connecting back to the internet is sometimes a real problem.
I use the Nest and the Odin Software also and they too get disconnected similarly.
This has actually led to loss of money quite a few times, especially when there is heavy movement on the net.
All the lights on the router are on but still the software disconnects. What does this mean? Where is the problem? What is causing the disconnection? What should be done to have a continuous and uninterrupted internet connection without any disconnections.
I am using a 2MBPS (net speed is generally between 1.1 to 1.6 MBPS) broadband internet connection from MTNL.
I am using a Windows 10 PC with Core2Duo processor, and 4GB ram.
I am a day-trader.
Could anyone of you tell me what is the solution to this problem.
Thanking you all in advance.

ram2010

Dear friends
I am using the equity and commodities software (New Pointer and Commodities Pointer) of Ventura Securities and Ventura Commodities respectively.
I have frequent disconnection of the software from the internet and connecting back to the internet is sometimes a real problem.
I use the Nest and the Odin Software also and they too get disconnected similarly.
This has actually led to loss of money quite a few times, especially when there is heavy movement on the net.
All the lights on the router are on but still the software disconnects. What does this mean? Where is the problem? What is causing the disconnection? What should be done to have a continuous and uninterrupted internet connection without any disconnections.
I am using a 2MBPS (net speed is generally between 1.1 to 1.6 MBPS) broadband internet connection from MTNL.
I am a day-trader.

simple- change your broker. no problem with your system or net.

1. rkglobal odin

2. TSO nest trader

3. sas online -nest trader.

no issues ,iam using.

Call your line man ... give him chai pani and get your Wire changed.
make a straight direct wire from junction box to your home straight :xD

No one can beat Mtnl in there Always on reliability. Speed sucks tho in day time.
For mumbai thats only connection i found stable. and my mtnl can remain on for straight 6 hrs or more session.

Mtnl disconnection occurs due to joints or very old wire so get it fixed :xD

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Dear friends
I am a day-trader.

mine too gets disconnected every minute or every few minutes
using zerodha kite
but problem is jhand bsnl I think
vodafone 3G still frequent disconnections
not sure if zerodha servers are to be blamed
but no use daytrading with such frequent disconnections every few minutes

travi

using zerodha kite
Ravi bhai has woken from a very deep sleep :lol::lol:
This was posted in Aug-2015 :p
I'm sure he'd have figured it out by now.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
using zerodha kite
I don't know why people doubt nest trader. It is one of the most stable platform and doesn disconnect at all unless there is internet issue.
Server problem from brokerages is also rare.

Zerodha has its own servers for kite, so it gives lot of problems.

wabuf

recently bsnl laid fibre line in my area.. 4 disconnections so far during trading hours in last 3 months ... nest does gets hang up when some volatile move happens in nifty .. but zerodha never disconnected from their side.

check your internet joints .. or get copper wiring ..