My Trading Journal @ Capstone Securities Analysis Pvt. Ltd.

jagankris

There were lot of questions and patiently answered by You.

can you give details on the training you get from there. Does the tape reading/order flow classes started? (I know in the proprietary world it is the most important thing, reading the tape)

More importantly can you shed light on the order flow/tape reading tactics practiced/trained there ?
@Anirudh and Value Zone,

I heard from some one that lot of importance of the tape is given in Capstone.
Tape reading - Can you pls elaborate on Tape Reading.

Since Tape reading involves continuous watching of the bid and ask ticks
will it not affect the trader's focus and performance ?
Meaning one can trade only one stock a day.

Some times price follows the tape and some times price moves ahead of the tape and the order flow follow the price.
So what is so special about the Tape reading ?

Is there any SW to do the tape reading ?

jagankris

Consistent profit of 10% is a bit of exaggerated expectation from your side. Normally, one earns the return of 4-5% each month. That too there are period of losses with each trader, even the best ones.

Further, if you manage to even give a "CONSISTENT" return of say 4% for 3-4 months then you will achieve an exponential growth in the allocated BUYING POWER to you. In your excel sheet the buying power was the same for most of the period. The senior traders have buying power of multi million dollars. Some have even refused to accept more buying power because they think that they will not be able to utilize it efficiently.
10% is achievable consistently.
It is a conservative estimate.

@Anirudh and Value Zone,

I heard from some one that lot of importance of the tape is given in Capstone.
Tape reading - Can you pls elaborate on Tape Reading.

Since Tape reading involves continuous watching of the bid and ask ticks
will it not affect the trader's focus and performance ?
Meaning one can trade only one stock a day.

Some times price follows the tape and some times price moves ahead of the tape and the order flow follow the price.
So what is so special about the Tape reading ?

Is there any SW to do the tape reading ?
There is lot more to tape reading, in my knowledge, they do not look at the tape continuously, there were certain levels, high/low of pr. day sup/resistance etc. There were traders who make 200-300 trades a day.

Taurus1

This policy of 40%/30% is an intentional strategy by the management to retain talent.
This is exactly what they want you to think.
The practice of withholding employee dues is very common in small companies in India and the Middle East where it is termed "commission". :p
This money is usually never paid and new recruits need to know this before joining and not grumble later. :(
how many traders are in capstone ? as they have to hire every month means traders leaving rate must be high.
Since the training does not give the noobs a workable setup the attrition rate must be well above 95%. :cool:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Let me see if I got this right. :p :D

A trader needs at least 25k or 400$ to survive every month. With a payout of only 40%, he needs to make 1000$ or 50% return every month on the 2000$ he was given without using leverage. ::(
Only for brainless noobs with stars in their eyes. :p

Instead, he can open an account with an Indian broker with 10k and trade 1 lot of Nifty futures intraday and keep the profit. :cool:
Tauras with this 10k how much profit per month you looking to keep :D

Assuming one makes 150-200 points in NF intraday in a month, it can be 7.5 K- 10 K per month. But trading one NF contract on 10 K capital looks excessive leveraging. So with one contract I doubt whether anyone can make a living.

ST

XUV-500

Hi Anirudh87
i read that you had flair for Capital markets.

Please tell whether you were a trader before joining Capstone ? were you aware with TA ?
And what level of TA knowledge is required by them ?

Do they charge anything during training under header training fees / security deposit etc?

If one makes loss and fired,do he have to compensate for a portion of loss ?

Last edited:

Taurus1

I don't daytrade, only positional. Target is 300%-400%, at the same time if the account gets blown, it's ok. :p
At the end of the month, excess money above 20k goes to my bank, if account is zero, deposit 20k.
2 months in a year >600% :cool:
2 months in a year >200% :cool:
2 months in a year <100% :cool:
6 months in a year, blown account :p

Options only............. :cool:
Did 20k to 5L twice, account blown many, many times :D
No trade without proper setup even if it takes months :cool:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I don't daytrade, only positional. Target is 300%-400%, at the same time if the account gets blown, it's ok. :p
At the end of the month, excess money above 20k goes to my bank, if account is zero, deposit 20k.
2 months in a year >600% :cool:
2 months in a year >200% :cool:
2 months in a year <100% :cool:
6 months in a year, blown account :p

Options only............. :cool:
Did 20k to 5L twice, account blown many, many times :D
No trade without proper setup even if it takes months :cool:
very interesting style :clapping: