My Trading Journal @ Capstone Securities Analysis Pvt. Ltd.

I am starting this thread to keep a record of my trading career at Capstone Securities Analysis Pvt. Ltd. On 6 November, I joined Capstone Securities on full time basis. On the first day there were some lectures by experienced traders. Got to know many differences in trading practices in US and Indian Equity Markets.

Initially, was a bit nervous since I had received mixed reviews about the company. Considering what happened on the first day, my nervousness has been reduced to a great extent. But then, it was only the first day, the really picture would emerge in the next 1-2 months.

Basic Information About Me: I am an MBA graduate from Amrita University, Kochi. After completing my MBA, I joined TCS as a Transformation Manager(ERP Implementation Manager) in the TCS iON Project at a package of 3.6L, which got increased to 4.5L in October 2013. But I was not satisfied with my profile. I always wanted to be in Capital Markets in an interesting profile. By tryst of destiny I came across an ad for a Walk-In in Capstone Securities for a Wall Street Intraday Trader. That's when it all happened.

I know that I am taking a great risk by leaving a well settled career in TCS to join such a risky profession as a trader. I am taking a chance with my destiny. Let's see what happens...

Btw....today was my first day at Capstone Securities.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Basic Information About Me: I am an MBA graduate from Amrita University, Kochi. After completing my MBA, I joined TCS as a Transformation Manager(ERP Implementation Manager) in the TCS iON Project at a package of 3.6L, which got increased to 4.5L in October 2013.
your package at TCS was @ 4.5 lakh , how much @ capstone ?

newuser_RK

I am starting this thread to keep a record of my trading career at Capstone Securities Analysis Pvt. Ltd. On 6 November, I joined Capstone Securities on full time basis. On the first day there were some lectures by experienced traders. Got to know many differences in trading practices in US and Indian Equity Markets.

Initially, was a bit nervous since I had received mixed reviews about the company. Considering what happened on the first day, my nervousness has been reduced to a great extent. But then, it was only the first day, the really picture would emerge in the next 1-2 months.

Basic Information About Me: I am an MBA graduate from Amrita University, Kochi. After completing my MBA, I joined TCS as a Transformation Manager(ERP Implementation Manager) in the TCS iON Project at a package of 3.6L, which got increased to 4.5L in October 2013. But I was not satisfied with my profile. I always wanted to be in Capital Markets in an interesting profile. By tryst of destiny I came across an ad for a Walk-In in Capstone Securities for a Wall Street Intraday Trader. That's when it all happened.

I know that I am taking a great risk by leaving a well settled career in TCS to join such a risky profession as a trader. I am taking a chance with my destiny. Let's see what happens...

Btw....today was my first day at Capstone Securities.

Congrats buddy really looking forward to read your experience @ Capstone
What are you work timings there?

VJAY

Dear anirudh,
Congrats & best of luck.....hope you will share procedure to enter with them...also other activities with us :)

your package at TCS was @ 4.5 lakh , how much @ capstone ?
Capstone has a bit different remuneration structure as compared to other companies. It pays a salary of Rs. 8030/- and a payout of 70% of profits. 40% of the variable component is paid after 3 months and the remaining 30% is paid after 18 months.

But the catch is that the salary of Rs. 8030/- is recoverable from payout. Further, Brokerage and Software charges are also deducted from the payout.

Further, the above remuneration structure is applicable only when you are taken on payroll, after clearing the training stage, which usually has a duration of 3-6 months. Till then you are paid a stipend of something around Rs. 3000/-.

Moreover, the company provides free pick-and-drop facility and free food at office.

Last edited:
Congrats buddy really looking forward to read your experience @ Capstone
What are you work timings there?
Thanks!!! I would definitely share my experiences with Capstone.

Work-Timings are from 6pm IST to 1:30 am IST....

However, from November to February, daylight saving takes place in the US. Hence, in these months the normal timings are delayed by 1 hour, i.e. from 7pm IST to 2:30am IST.

Day 2 and Day 3 at capstone were pretty boring.....we just had 1 lectures on both days. We were told about the basics of US Stock Markets and were given a demo of the trading platform(Takin) used by Capstone. For the rest of the time we were told to practice on a software designed to increase our typing speed.

At regular intervals a senior person came and gave us gyan on the life of a trader and the culture at Capstone.

Proper Training is yet to start on a full-fledged basis. Eagerly waiting for it.

Till now the impression of the company on me has been good.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Capstone has a bit different remuneration structure as compared to other companies. It pays a salary of Rs. 8030/- and a payout of 70% of profits. 40% of the variable component is paid after 3 months and the remaining 30% is paid after 18 months.

But the catch is that the salary of Rs. 8030/- is recoverable from payout. Further, Brokerage and Software charges are also deducted from the payout.

Further, the above remuneration structure is applicable only when you are taken on payroll, after clearing the training stage, which usually has a duration of 3-6 months. Till then you are paid a stipend of something around Rs. 3000/-.

Moreover, the company provides free pick-and-drop facility and free food at office.
initial period of 3 - 6 month => 3000 rs pm
after that 8030rs pm with charges deduction + profit component (if profitable)

life is tough for traders .........