My trading Diary - 10k to 1Lakh – Time ASAP

The Pig

Beautiful. You have only two stocks to trade? What do you do? positional? scalping?
Thanks, I trade mostly only banking stocks , SBIN,ICICI. Once in a while Reliance,News,Event based stocks.
I don’t do scalping exactly, by this I mean I don’t close the positions within few minutes( but I want to adapt my mindset to scalping). I close profitable trades in 2 r 3 hours, so intraday. I close the trades intraday if in profit. I carry loss making stocks, which I need to avoid. If the profit is big, I do carry it for few days. But what I have learnt is in option trading, it’s always better to book profits intraday instead of carrying it.

The Pig

Good luck brother, I am very much in a similar boat and under a huge pressure to perform and increase my capital. Nice to see you up by more than 100% in 1st week itself. I,myself have no knowledge on trading option so I fear them to touch. I am trading with cash only.. Hoping to learn something from your thread. Are these intraday trades or trades carried over night ? Please share some insights in to your trading technicals like do you trade on option chart or future/cash charts and take trade with options, and do you consider option geeks etc etc.
I didn’t mention before, you were one of my inspiration to start trading diary and a challenge. So thanks to you first.
These are intraday trades, only on Tuesday I carried a loss making trade next day which turned profitable and I sold.
I check open price, how price is trading around previous day/ 30min/ hour. I also check option chain to see how OI is building up,I trade ITM,near ITM. I don’t check option Greeks.

anildnr

I didn’t mention before, you were one of my inspiration to start trading diary and a challenge. So thanks to you first.
These are intraday trades, only on Tuesday I carried a loss making trade next day which turned profitable and I sold.
I check open price, how price is trading around previous day/ 30min/ hour. I also check option chain to see how OI is building up,I trade ITM,near ITM. I don’t check option Greeks.
Nice to see your trades. All the best for both of you

The Pig

3 trades today.
ICICI Bank - first trade in profit 1502
ICICI Bank - Second trade in profit 687 ( chased price, bad habit again)
ICICI Bank - Third trade in loss, carrying tomorrow,want to stop this habit, but
expecting a gap down tomorrow. ( Had an option to close this in
profit,but didn’t)

Today’s profit - +2200

E4B5F294-B473-4FB2-A0C9-ECB87C3000E4.jpeg

The Pig

This week’s trades,

Fund on Monday : 21000
Fund Now : 18800 ( 13475 held in position, -7000 unrealised loss)

ICICI - Over traded Monday , profit of 2065. held losing position for next day.
ICICI 420PE -Wednesday,made a loss, didn’t have the conviction to hold position,though charts indicated a fall .
Once I had a loss, did another trade impulsively which needless to say might end in loss, I have carried the trade to this week (-7000 unrealised) .
I have this inability to add stop loss, I just keep waiting for the position to turn profitable instead of booking losses. As told in first post, all my profits are lost in just few trades.
Once I have a losing trade, I do lot of impulse trade without thinking or observing charts. Need to control this.

Attachments

Last edited:

The Pig

Monday - The unrealised loss from last week turned to loss. (- 7150)
Friday - added 1L since I thought I had an opportunity in Infy.
15 trades total while keeping Infy position open (added winners, pyramiding carrying it to next week).
Did few usual mistakes like adding losing positions (TCS 1940PE),but was able to sell in loss and reduce loss . Need to cultivate this. The charts indicated a rise,but still I kept on averaging.
Also sold Reliance 1340 PE to average losing position of TCS 1940PE.
Had Gross profit of around 8000 total.

Total profit for week - 900

Fund now - 119800 ( 1L added, Infy position open)

Since, I have added a lakh, I will keep this thread to document my trades and as journal.

Lessons to be learnt still:
Don’t average losers.
Add winners, carry profits.
Add stop loss without hesitating.

Attachments

Last edited:

The Pig

This weeks trades:
Monday- Had carried profitable Infy820CE(21k) without booking profits thinking it will rise after results. It has gone down. Averaged it everyday..!!! Not booked losses yet.
Over the week, kept buying and selling Infy750PE, which I had bought for purpose of hedging 820CE.
Friday - Bought Reliance 1460CE, sold with stoploss, Also bought Reliance 1320PE,I expect reliance to fall after results, whatever the result is.
after checking charts, had bought SBIN270CE which I sold today for loss,it raised after that. Had held it for few days in loss.
Positions open : Infy820CE(in loss) , SBIN260PE(in loss) , Reliance1320PE(in profit) BhartiAirtel375PE(in loss).

I still hesitate to put stop loss or book profits and watch profits turn to loss.
E9CFD5CB-74DA-4725-AFB3-C6FC56080210.jpeg