My Trading Challenge - Double the Capital in 3 Months

I have completed 2 weeks but could not gain a penny. Lost all of my gains on 13th Friday.

My Capital on EOD 12th April - 4.2L.
MY Capital on EOD 13th April - 3L.

Lost 1.2L in a single day. Shorted 1500 BNF Puts @99 (10200). Had to cover them at 190. Huge loss of 136500 in a single trade. Options never worked for me. Starting the game again. Target is same - 6L by end of June. I will try to be disciplined this time :)

i appreaciate u despite this heavy loss u dared to post the same. it wud certainly help other. but friend wt u were doing wen price was moving against u i took almost an hour . y didnt exit earlier
I was frozen as price suddenly jumped from 110 to 140-160. then by seeing MTM loss of 70-80K i could not book losses. I was in a serious praying mode :lol:
at the end had to book at worst price of 190.. Learned the lesson in a hard way.. from next trade, I will put the SL order first before entering my actual order..

I have completed 2 weeks but could not gain a penny. Lost all of my gains on 13th Friday.

My Capital on EOD 12th April - 4.2L.
MY Capital on EOD 13th April - 3L.

Lost 1.2L in a single day. Shorted 1500 BNF Puts @99 (10200). Had to cover them at 190. Huge loss of 136500 in a single trade. Options never worked for me. Starting the game again. Target is same - 6L by end of June. I will try to be disciplined this time :)
You were doing well....suddenly you lost 25 % of your capital on a single trade ? Be ruthlessly disciplined.....this is a business which can make or break our accounts,careers and families. Dont ever let it happen to you in future...

Nothing wrong with trading options....but you let risk control go out of your hand. I have seen people loosing 25 Lacs in 4 hours.....also seen a friend committing suicide because of mounting trading losses....take this instance very seriously. This is a cut throat business....be very careful with risk...

My best wishes, you will recoup all your losses....

Smart_trade

Friday the 13th. You should have avoided trading or traded atleast with minimum quantity.

I mixed astrology with my TA. Beleive it or not,i never had a losing day.

My trading size is 1 lot of nifty futures.It never let me down.