My Trades and Notes

karthik_sri

Amit bro no special rules...i hv started with 20 & 200 MA to gauge the trend....to select good liquidity stocks i hv looked into NSE for Top 5 gainers & loosers as these 5 stocks will be running during the market open period...
My chart is of 5 min time frame and what I said was during the last 30 min of 18th Mar'16 (3pm to 3.30pm in 5 min time frame) WIPRO stock was having good amount of Volume and today the volumes have dropped drastically which hints that there is no buyers for the stock and a free fall!

No Sir please!!!

karthik_sri

To make simple i look into these..
1). To buy a stock the stock should be above 200 MA
2). Plot a 20 MA to see the stock to have a pull back on 20MA and enter long when 20MA & Price/candle is above 200MA price/candle touch 20MA and close above 20MA and go short when Price/Candle is below 200MA and price/candle touch 20MA and close below 20MA.
3). The SL is Low/High of the candle which close below/above 20MA

I have started looking into the volumes recently to get more clear picture of initiating my trades. I am still learning!

karthik_sri

Natural Gas (paper trading due to lack of margin in the account) educational purpose and future reference...

20MA was below 200MA on 5 min time frame..

short sell on topping tail (inverted hammer) and covered my position on bottoming tail
1st paper trade (125.60 - 122.90 = 2.70)

going long (paper trade) on bottoming tail on green with a target of 20MA or candle signal for exit

Rehab

2). Plot a 20 MA to see the stock to have a pull back on 20MA and enter long when 20MA & Price/candle is above 200MA price/candle touch 20MA and close above 20MA and go short when Price/Candle is below 200MA and price/candle touch 20MA and close below 20MA.

I have started looking into the volumes recently to get more clear picture of initiating my trades. I am still learning!
I traded 20ma,50ma.But it gives very late entries.I wonder how u manage it.
May be I failed to pull a trigger.Looking forward with hope to improve trading using 20ma-200ma method again.

Pls upload few charts.

thnx

karthik_sri

couldnt able to trade last week due to personal reasons!
started today!

Traded basis today NIFTY Top 5 Gainers/Losers...taken the long trade on BHEL & Short sell trade on BHARTIARTL...

Chart time frame: 15 min

BHEL : Big Green candle closed above 20MA and closed above last two days high...volume was supporting...entry at 116.90 exited at 119.35 as topping tail formed at top...

BHARTIARTL : 15 min candle closed below 20MA and volume dropped drastically from the previous day close...
Short sell @ 341.55 and exited @ 335.70 as it was moving upwards...

angira

Karthik,
thanx for strategy,
Is this also work for crude?

angira...

karthik_sri

Karthik,
thanx for strategy,
Is this also work for crude?

angira...
yes to any scrip...this is not a specific strategy...i plot 200MA & 20MA to gauge the trend...to pick the trending stocks or movement stocks i look into the top gainers and losers and see the MA...

20MA & 200MA is applied by most of the traders (globally) to identify the trend...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tradingwithmike Forex 0
B Trading Diary 15
P Technical Analysis 7
T Software 0
X Trading Diary 56