My Trade Dairy - mravi

mravi

Few thoughts to dwell up on:

Is it true that different stocks respond to different technical signals?

It appears like the high beta stocks with high volume such as unitech respond to pivots. Low volume stocks respond to moving averages.

I always doubted fundamentals drive the movement in stocks like UNITECH. Their movements are driven by big money and not by just interest of small traders.

So trading in these stocks is nothing but following the big money.

If it is just following the big money how technicals can be used to trade?

May be it is true for low volume stocks also.
But the interest of big money comes rarely in the low volume stocks causing less wipsaws. And smooth tending move.

So big money do not necessaryly follow fundamentals.

Now the question would be where big money goes and why?

Are there ways to track the movement of big money? Tracking price action is good enough?

Then there is a third category of stocks where the volumes are so high and price variation is limited. Example can be HUL.

Not sure what happens in these type of stocks. Never traded before.

Taiki

Is it true that different stocks respond to different technical signals?
Different stocks may respond in similar fashion to same technical indicator. But the technical parameter applied can be different.

Ex : In MACD(12,26,9) positive divergence mean 12 EMA is above 26 EMA and this indicates a bullishness. But you may find Stock A respond well to MACD(12,26,9) setting where Stock B gives better signal with MACD(5,22,9) settings.

mravi

Different stocks may respond in similar fashion to same technical indicator. But the technical parameter applied can be different.

Ex : In MACD(12,26,9) positive divergence mean 12 EMA is above 26 EMA and this indicates a bullishness. But you may find Stock A respond well to MACD(12,26,9) setting where Stock B gives better signal with MACD(5,22,9) settings.
I have this question too. Why these parameters need to be varied for each signal? Does this mean at a specific combination there will be more winners?

mravi

It is said that 90% loose money in Market and 10% gain.

We are in the 90% category right now. We will catch up with the 10% category sooner or later, because we are not sitting idle and speculating. And someone from the 10% will move to 90% leaving the place to us. :thumb:

mravi

Last edited:

mravi

As per the videos above:

UNITECH is a SHORT candidate now in the 10-min chart with reasonable gain(???).

We will come to know on Monday.

ALBK looking as Buy candidate:

DISHTV is also Buy

Last edited:

Taiki

Hey Bro, How are you doing ?
I hope you must be back testing your plans and system well :) :thumb:

mravi

Right now in stelth mode. I was a bit shaken with reduction in capital. So now trading cautiously.

Once I reach my orginal capital I will start updating again.

Using only daily charts.

Taiki

Right now in stelth mode. I was a bit shaken with reduction in capital. So now trading cautiously.

Once I reach my orginal capital I will start updating again.

Using only daily charts.
Never mind buddy, Wishing you a quick recovery :thumb: