My SBI net banking hacked?

There may be data logging bugs on your computer which someone might be accessing. If you are changing your passwords, make sure you do that on some other computer first. Then format your drives.

Why dont you check your bank statement and see if these are transfers to a third party or if it is deducted by SBI???
Beyond a few posts no one remembers whats it about :lol:

The OP has clearly said the msgs are about failed transaction . . . so
No debit/credits are involved :D

Happy :)

Krushna

There may be data logging bugs on your computer which someone might be accessing. If you are changing your passwords, make sure you do that on some other computer first. Then format your drives.

Why dont you check your bank statement and see if these are transfers to a third party or if it is deducted by SBI???
I also believe the same abt the bug. And as for the bank statement, all these attempts have failed, so it wont appear on the statement.

Beyond a few posts no one remembers whats it about :lol:

The OP has clearly said the msgs are about failed transaction . . . so
No debit/credits are involved :D

Happy sir, Sorry about me thinking that the monies were actually debited. But what Im trying to say is that the failed transactions dont happen all on their own. Something must be amiss right? Somewhere something someone is up to something. You dont need a debit/credit card. It can happen on your banking ac.

travi

Just one more question, the SMS you receive, is it from a real SBI SMS Sender, can you post that?

There is another phishing technique, where I will just send you email or SMS saying "TRX Failed..." till you get frustrated like the "You won $50000000" type sms/email scams.

Just make sure those SMS/EMail are from official SBI Servers, else you'll be beating around the bush (thinking hacked, password leaked etc) when you're just being phished.

Krushna

Just one more question, the SMS you receive, is it from a real SBI SMS Sender, can you post that?

There is another phishing technique, where I will just send you email or SMS saying "TRX Failed..." till you get frustrated like the "You won $50000000" type sms/email scams.

Just make sure those SMS/EMail are from official SBI Servers, else you'll be beating around the bush (thinking hacked, password leaked etc) when you're just being phished.
Yes, its from SBI server. Because when I do some transaction, I get SMS from same code BZ-SBIINB. In fact both failed and successful transactions appear in same thread in my Inbox.
Morover, as I said in my first post, the time of the 1st SMS matched with the last log in time in my net bamking account, even though I hadnt logged in to net banking at that time.

Happy sir, Sorry about me thinking that the monies were actually debited. But what Im trying to say is that the failed transactions dont happen all on their own. Something must be amiss right? Somewhere something someone is up to something. You dont need a debit/credit card. It can happen on your banking ac.
why so serious . . . :) No need for sorry etc . . .

my post was made in lighter vein . . . :thumb:

BTW, this concept for having an extra/separate account for Online/PoS
and all other digital modes of payments is a good idea, no need to expose our primary accounts . . .

ram2010

Hi,
I have a savings account with SBI. The problem started from the day i took a gold loan of 1 Lakh rupees.The day that money came into my account, I recieved an SMS saying "Your transaction XXXX INR 407.85 failed. You may try again. Inconvenience is regretted." The very next day I withdrew the mony from that account and deposited in another account. I logged in to my netbanking and to my surprise, my last login time listed on the site was exactly one minute prior of the SMS time, and I hadnt logged in to net banking for at least a month! I ignored as I didnt have any money in that account now and had decided not to use that account for big amounts. Now i dont keep more than 10K in that account. But the SMSes didnt stop. And the strange thing is the amounts are always like 405.54 etc, and always in inreasing order. I will list the amounts in last few SMSes:
and so on.

fed up with this, I called their call centre, which was just a waste of time and they asked me to contact the branch. Contacting the branch was another waste of time and they asked me to file a police complaint, which i didnt do.
The strange thing is this didnt stop even after changing my password and I also dont get any OTP on my cell for these transactions.
Now I have decided to format my laptop, which would be a real pain as I have all the softwares I need installed which I will need to do again.
I want to know if anybody else has faced such an issue?

Regards
Krushna
if someone intended to transfer money thro hacking,

he would have attempted 10,000 or lakhs,

why 404.50 ? , :confused:

actually the transaction happened at some other account-

sms wrongly came to your mobile no-

additional confirmation- if its not reflected in your net-banking statement(view)

I may be wrong?

Last edited:

travi

if someone intended to transfer money thro hacking,
he would have attempted 10,000 or lakhs,
why 404.50 ? , :confused:
actually the transaction happened at some other account-
sms wrongly came to your mobile no-
additional confirmation- if its not reflected in your net-banking statement(view)
I may be wrong?
It is not necessary these days that it should be large amounts.
Following are a few reasons:

1. Fraud prevention systems have a min. trx threshold
This is how one can fly under the Radar.

2. Dormant a/c's holders etc ignore small charges many times thinking these are Bank Chgs, like Debit Card Fee etc

3. For a large scammer, its more like HFT :D:D Red Flags are lesser.
Similar small change frauds have been well documented esp. on US Credit cards.

suri112000

SMS does bear last 4 digits of the a/c for which the amount is debited.
Check the a/c if it belongs to you.