My Pivot - Resistance -Support Calculator

Hi Joy-mitali
Thank For Developing The Pivot-calc
Pl Tell ,what Is The Formula You Are Using For Camerila Pivots.and Also From Where I Can Get The Utility Devloped By Srisara Regarding Pivot Point.i Have Heared It Is Very Useful For Calculating More Than One Company At A Time.
Waiting For You Reply
Prsrivastav

pkjha30

joy_mitali said:
Hello everybody,
The 2nd version---is loaded now--now OHLC data can be loaded from EOD file---dwnlded from NSE--bhavcopy---or from srisara's data extractor--(metastk format)---the file must be a .csv file---
A special thanks to SRISARA for ur help
Regards,
joy_mitali

Hi Joy
I checked up your calculator. Loading of data from EOD file could not be done though I supplied nse EOD format
Market,Security, Previous Close, Open, High, Low, Close, Net Traded Value, Net Traded Quantity,
Corporate Indicator, Trades, 52 wk high, 52 wk low

JM_Innovations modification does work automatically

So I manually entered values and It displayed all the values as calculated for all the three types of pivots.

Perhaps I am missing something here.

I am curious as to why excel is chosen why not VB?

One suggestion

You can take a range of ohlc data for a stock and calculate RPS data and plot a chart in both directions and see the general trend as to how the calculated values correspond to the actual happenings.

Graphical representation works better.

regards
Pankaj

Hello Pankaj,
Thanks for ur constructive suggestion---U have really given a good idea---regarding a graphical Representation---
Strange!!!The data is perfectly taking from the EOD ---file----downloaded from NSE---or by Srisara's DATAEXTRACTOR---
THe format of data must be----Symbol---Series---Open ---High---Low-Close---and whateverever else---
To be more precise---Symbol/Security Name---must be present in Column A
Open,High,Low,Close---must be present in Columns---C,D,E,F---respectively
Regarding choice of EXCEL----Its just my personal Preferance/Constrain for the time being---Though the code is actually in VB--
Regarding ur suggestion of the chart---now that --I m getting a steady supply of data---with my downloader---I will try to incorporate it--
Plz----do put a review---of the file I have sent u----Let me know if its working---
Regards,
joy_mitali

pkjha30

joy_mitali said:
Hello Pankaj,

Plz----do put a review---of the file I have sent u----Let me know if its working---
Regards,
joy_mitali
Hi joy

I tried your software. It created both folders and output folder with all files is attached. Do have a look at it. Is it the desired outcome?

While running it gave three runtime errors no. 424, 1013 and object type mismatch. My system is winxp at home.

Last command button gave some excel file by name book1,book2,book3..... book789 etc but I could not subsequently trace the file or excel books.

I think your idea is to convert eod file to yahoo format and then individual stock files. Can you put your algorithm for it so that I can check it?

Flwo of the program could be as follows:-

EOD Data download(Satya)
|
|
Data Converter(JM/Satya)
|
|
Porting data for individual stocks(JM)
|
|
Pivot resistance calculator(JM)
|
|
Charting/plotting
|
|
technical analysis and fundamental indicators

So if collaboration is there a complete software would emerge

regards
pankaj

Last edited:
Good Work joymitali .I have also developed Pivot calculator that can be used for all scrips in NSE .u have to just download the NSE bhavcopy .it will do the remaining.:)