My Picks

Hi @padiyaraa,

How do you find these stocks from all those stocks listed on NSE and BSE.
What is your process of filtering the stocks down. Please be a bit precise.
How do you find the stocks that are forming these setups.

Thank You.
Hugh.

padiyaraa

Hi @padiyaraa,

How do you find these stocks from all those stocks listed on NSE and BSE.
What is your process of filtering the stocks down. Please be a bit precise.
How do you find the stocks that are forming these setups.

Thank You.
Hugh.
Hello Hugh,
Oh.... It need a lot of writing, in short it required a lot of patients, time and consistent follow up.
I am using my watch list portfolio to find the stock correcting or falling, and keep watching for any of that , to generate signals like divergence, some time use on line stock screerners, there are many available.
There are may way you can reach the goal. But it required time too.I may be using a crude
way, but that is true. Till yesterday I was working on a night schedule, now that is changing by new week starting from Sunday. So I was free and was doing all these things in my leasure time.see the screen shot of my Google portfolio, sorting the top lossers first.
Hpoe You get me?
I am away from my dusk, as it is my off today, so I end here.

Last edited:

padiyaraa

Hey padiyaraa,
So you first prepare a watch list and then keep following it closely?
Can you please tell me how do you prepare this watch list. I mean
what are the factors that you would consider and what do you do to find the new stocks that now can get into your watch list that are not there earlier?
It was a private message, thought I will answer it here, may be useful to anyone.
So I couldn't give a good answer to that question, hence I continue here......

Yah, I first prepare a watch list and then keep following it closely, that is one method I follow. The past attached watch list is showing Jublfood is the big looser, becoz I have only updated few scrips for the new high. Better if one can update when each scrip is finding a new high,using the Edit feature of the portfolio, it will give you a stock falling 20, 30% from its peak. Now keep watching for a signal to generate like an over sold break out, a momentum build up or trend change, or a positive divergence in the indicators etc, using your technical chart.

I am adding new scrips in to the watch list, when a scrips coming into limelight,with good news or good earnings etc.

Other than that I am using many technical & fundamental stock screeners available on line to find an oversold stock or a stock at key support level for new buy. Even google finance is having very good fundamental stock screener.

That comes the part of selecting stock, and then one has to do technical analysis to confirm an entry level. Just don't overlook that part.

Dear friend, It is a vast subject we are trying to conclude in few questions and a limited two line answer here. it is not enough.one has to learn it through and master it.

I don't find any thing special in my stock picks, it seems quiet random selection, some are giving good return while some are turn out to be losers,
based on individual / sector performance and other conditions of markets.

There are many mentors and veteran tech analyst watching here, some one can help, my answer here is just to satisfy a forum mate for his curiosity.

Take care.

padiyaraa

Nifty: 8831 is range bound, trading in doubt, neither going up nor down.
Support: 8794_8760_8690
Resistance: 8862_8900_8930
More likelihood on down side. On breaking 8794 nifty can come down to 8760 & 8690

padiyaraa

Nifty :8611
Nifty is broken many support levels and trend lines, also the conventional 50 DMA. Chart shows a nearest support at 100 DMA,
which is a confluence of another trend line, and a 23.6% retracement level of the total bull run from February, and also a 38%
retrace of the last leg from the 24 May Bottom, Etc: is around 8460.
The long awaited 8540 is not yet broken, but nifty almost visited the area, then a recovery should have been in a fast and furious way,
which didn’t happen. So I expect a support is somewhere down. But nifty will definitely go and find new high from the support, if protected by 8540.
The scenario is worse than the may fall, say at that time, MACD was at the brim of fall, but today it is in Bear territory. see red circles.
RESISTANCE is 8690
SUPPORT is 8540
My assumptions that, the current uncertainty in the market, with the Geo political issues, US election, tomorrows RBI decisions,
The FED policy, Etc will make the market to move in a side way manner, neither Bulls nor Bears, no one will be able to make money,
But a hundred time Market Proved me Fool :D .
so don’t stand by me, take a decision on your own, as and when the time arise.

padiyaraa

This chart is good. Where can I get it?

Can you post it after 15th of this month?
No Problem, I can post it any time.
I think similar Nifty option pain charts are available in some website, I don't remember now.
If I find it, will post the web address here.
This one is a small excel file,for personal use.
I tried to upload it here, But not working. I will try later.

The file attach session shows a message, "invalid file" while uploading.

Last edited: