My PA learning from live trading...

Hi all,
I have been learning for some time now and started intraday 2 months ago. I get many questions while trading live so thought would start a thread so as expereinced intrday traders would share their experinces.

1) Yesterday when price was not moving in my favour, i tightened the SL. After some time, price moved in my favour without hitting SL. So i thought what was the point in tightening the SL? It didnt have any effect on the outcome of the trade.

2) I enter the trade, place SL , let it hit SL or scratch if in loss--- all of this by looking at the charts, but the most silly thing I do i manage it looking realised profit figure in the F11 window. :mad:
Yesterday only I took partial exit when it moved in my favour, which is ok i think to lock a part of profit. But after that when profit reached 1K, i exited the remaining. At EOD when i looked at the charts , i felt :down:
Coz in the entire move, there was nowhere strength against my side, and i should have trailed SL using pivot (and there was only one pivot in the fall), and the result would have been 4K+.
The main reason i think about this is i dont have confidence on my trades.

Experienced traders, please share your views about the above points. Did any one of you face such issues in the beginning of their career? If yes, how did you tackle them?

Regards
patrader.

XRAY27

Hi all,
I have been learning for some time now and started intraday 2 months ago. I get many questions while trading live so thought would start a thread so as expereinced intrday traders would share their experinces.

1) Yesterday when price was not moving in my favour, i tightened the SL. After some time, price moved in my favour without hitting SL. So i thought what was the point in tightening the SL? It didnt have any effect on the outcome of the trade.

2) I enter the trade, place SL , let it hit SL or scratch if in loss--- all of this by looking at the charts, but the most silly thing I do i manage it looking realised profit figure in the F11 window. :mad:
Yesterday only I took partial exit when it moved in my favour, which is ok i think to lock a part of profit. But after that when profit reached 1K, i exited the remaining. At EOD when i looked at the charts , i felt :down:
Coz in the entire move, there was nowhere strength against my side, and i should have trailed SL using pivot (and there was only one pivot in the fall), and the result would have been 4K+.
The main reason i think about this is i dont have confidence on my trades.

Experienced traders, please share your views about the above points. Did any one of you face such issues in the beginning of their career? If yes, how did you tackle them?

Regards
patrader.

Well, This issue is part of trading even for experienced ... some setups we should trade for target and for some trailing...i.e., for range break out target booking is the best way and for trend moves trailing...and my strength is full qty trailing or booking for target no partial exits !!!,so i just trade 2 trades per day if both hit sl then done for the day,but that is rare in my trading