My options trading diary----kiran_thiru

emil16

this months nf options is very lazy than nf. from 2 days i catch at right time nf is in my way. but options are not performing than nf.
today i bought 4900 pe @ 23.50 where nf is 5533. after nf went to 5544 at that time pe down to 22.10. then downtrend came, nf is my sell point @ 5533 but pe is @ 22.80. then big fall to 5517 but pe is @ 24.30. pe made high of 25.
currently nf is @ 5518 and pe is @ 23.80. very lazy sep options. is it right in trade nf options now? can ant one explain?
thank you. :(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:
Deep out of money options are profitable only during wild moves. If you are speculating for a 200+ point move in the next 5-10 trading session, you can go for Deep OTM.

Better trade ITM options for Intraday.

stock72

if we hold PE till tom afternoon i guess it will be rewarded handsomely

this months nf options is very lazy than nf. from 2 days i catch at right time nf is in my way. but options are not performing than nf.
today i bought 4900 pe @ 23.50 where nf is 5533. after nf went to 5544 at that time pe down to 22.10. then downtrend came, nf is my sell point @ 5533 but pe is @ 22.80. then big fall to 5517 but pe is @ 24.30. pe made high of 25.
currently nf is @ 5518 and pe is @ 23.80. very lazy sep options. is it right in trade nf options now? can ant one explain?

akhill

you cannot expect heavy volatility in 4900 puts mate. they are 600 points away from NF right now... i'd say that 3 to 4 point range itself is big for 4900 PE.

Trader_PK

today's nifty chart. one side move. but i am in loss side.

why kiran why in loss..never go against the trend....Dont think that "aab aur kya girega market lets buy"...this is biggest mistake intermediate trader make..I made these kind of mistake in past..but not anymore..I never go long in this kind of market until any pivot break..I guess if you follow that you will be in profit

kiran_thiru

why kiran why in loss..never go against the trend....Dont think that "aab aur kya girega market lets buy"...this is biggest mistake intermediate trader make..I made these kind of mistake in past..but not anymore..I never go long in this kind of market until any pivot break..I guess if you follow that you will be in profit
thank you bhai, actually my mind set is not changed, so i made loss. actually i reduced loss as small. but i fell bad in continous three days loss. so i will take rest in trading and follow the market by only viewing.

whisky

Absolutely correct, this is the biggest mistake for a day trader to trade in opposite direction.
Just flow with the market to gain & never expect the market to flow with you.

boarders

always select options having premium of atleast around rs 100 to trade.
check out sgx nifty before market open then you will know what kind of adjustments to be expected approximately and accordingly select ones which can open at around rs 100. if not trading options having this minimum premium, then even if market is trending, one tends to make only loss rather than profits.... this is my experience.