My Journey In Technical Analysis

XRAY27

Dear xray bro,
When continues loss trades happens we all get this syndrome.most of time our MM rescues here...also even in mechanical trading (if we traded it from long)then we would get some extra info to trade most probable setups which comes by experience trding the same method...as am sure you founded many ways of this in your journey...
Vjay!!!

It the profit ,which leaded me to this state..at one stage i was in 4 digit figure in profit points in intra day,then i started looking to pump more (MFE),violating my own method..bottom line even too much profit is also not good :DD:DD!!! anyways i will follow my method with out this cooking from now :))

VJAY

Vjay!!!

It the profit ,which leaded me to this state..at one stage i was in 4 digit figure in profit points in intra day,then i started looking to pump more (MFE),violating my own method..bottom line even too much profit is also not good :DD:DD!!! anyways i will follow my method with out this cooking from now :))
Ok got it :) ...I too experienced this couple of times :DD:DD

XRAY27

Lot of pessimistic views are being seen in social media on market fall,ridiculing posts on long term investing , or SIPs etc... this tells the low level human nature to enjoy on other person difficultly rather then improving self,just putting this post out of my limited knowledge ,Long term investments mainly contains picking mega cap companies on dips.. another way is identifying Multibaggers ,i'e.,stock which rise several times to its cost .if rise is 2 times to its cost it is called 2 bagger ,if rise is 5 times to its cost it is called 5 baggers,

First case of Long term investment is picked from Annual reports,brokerage house reports,PE factors, known dip in share prices etc example is NIFTY 50 or Midcap 50..picking heavy weights.

Second case of Multi bagger picking require study of company annual report,and most important is the calculating brand value of the company,business growth,demand needs of local market etc..it seems separate thread is needed to cover it :)

capital for these investments is much larger then trading,every one cannot go we that !!!,there are also exit method for both multibaggers and investments, it is wrong to conclude that they just hold the position for there life !!!

Next category is trading...basically we need 3 system ..intra/swing/positional,..positional and swing we may use Multi time frame analysis,but for intra it will ended up in late entries ( in my experience)

Once you are covered with intra/swing/positional,capital will increase to multi fold levels ,irrespective to the phase of market (bull/bear) !!!,problem is many like intra and capital growth with that is bit difficult !!!

XRAY27

Longest swing position running in profit for NF,intra trades are off as RR is not favorable , Hardest part of systematic trading is building a Rule based system , most burning task is to follow that with out generating internal itching to outperform :DD:hilarious:, Sep series i dragged some intraday trades violating rules ,lost 30 % of profit...no more super smarting the system,:oops:,if done baba market will show its :finger::DD

VJAY

Longest swing position running in profit for NF,intra trades are off as RR is not favorable , Hardest part of systematic trading is building a Rule based system , most burning task is to follow that with out generating internal itching to outperform :DD:hilarious:, Sep series i dragged some intraday trades violating rules ,lost 30 % of profit...no more super smarting the system,:oops:,if done baba market will show its :finger::DD
:up::up::up::up::up:
Yes Xray bro...when ever I tryed it I too got the same experience......when our trades /method going good we start kujliing :D....that make things bad..

XRAY27

Swing trade was longest trade in trailing..doesn't mean i got tons of points :DD:DD, BNF 150 and NF 461..i have lost around 60 % of profits in trailing ,but this is part which i should do as trend trader :drilled into my brain with following points

1.Being able to effectively follow price trends means you need to have the ability to follow a simple set of rules about when to enter, and when to exit

2.Because you will suffer lots of small losing trades, you need to have rigorous risk control

3.Your stop methodology should be able to identify when a trend has finished

Subhadip

Swing trade was longest trade in trailing..doesn't mean i got tons of points :DD:DD, BNF 150 and NF 461..i have lost around 60 % of profits in trailing ,but this is part which i should do as trend trader :drilled into my brain with following points

1.Being able to effectively follow price trends means you need to have the ability to follow a simple set of rules about when to enter, and when to exit

2.Because you will suffer lots of small losing trades, you need to have rigorous risk control

3.Your stop methodology should be able to identify when a trend has finished
Excellent Bro....

XRAY27

Larry Williams is fond of reminding the systems trader: “Trading strategies work. System traders do not.”,discretionary trading does not help in volume growth,because of its if and but clauses:rolleyes: ,systematic trading has great edge in this regard,:cool:but we should be like slave and system is our master,systematic trading is an effective way to make money.Many traders lack sufficient confidence in and understanding of their trading strategies to stick with them when they begin their inevitable periods of draw down:banghead:.Large number traders also lack the self-discipline required to rigorously stick with a mechanical trading strategy.

The lesson then is quite simple: When a trading strategy has been satisfactorily tested and is performing in real-time trading according to expectation,
trust it. Stick with it and take every signal

VJAY

Larry Williams is fond of reminding the systems trader: “Trading strategies work. System traders do not.”,discretionary trading does not help in volume growth,because of its if and but clauses:rolleyes: ,systematic trading has great edge in this regard,:cool:but we should be like slave and system is our master,systematic trading is an effective way to make money.Many traders lack sufficient confidence in and understanding of their trading strategies to stick with them when they begin their inevitable periods of draw down:banghead:.Large number traders also lack the self-discipline required to rigorously stick with a mechanical trading strategy.

The lesson then is quite simple: When a trading strategy has been satisfactorily tested and is performing in real-time trading according to expectation,
trust it. Stick with it and take every signal
Exactly xray bro and thanks for sharing this note...:)