My First Post on TRADERJI

TraderRavi

low risk profile
JP associates call closed at 1.25 Rs. Already with loss of more than 9000 Rs.
I will hold my position to sell tomorrow with a loss. I hope market will open GAP UP tomorrow

Today morning trades gave me 6500 Rs.

Net NOTIONAL Loss of 3000 Rs.
no update , what happened to this trade...........

aditya14

My advice get out of trading your risk/reward ratio is pathetic.Do not hold on to your losers if this is your start then read up first then give it a go in the markets.Do not buy options so close to expiry you will lose even if you are right in guessing direction.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
naked option trading with full capital in a single trade is very dangerous, it can leave traders naked with no capital left....:D

saivenkat

Sorry to put the strong lines.. just two trades will blow your account very easily without MM.

IMO, you should do two things..

1) You must reduce the risk you take in a trade.. trade less, but wise..

2) Kindly go through the thread, by Danpickup on Options..

You would feel a lot good when you do this..

Status Update : Closed that position selling Qty 32000 at Rs 1.20 on 14th Feb.

LOSS of Rs12000 in this transcation including brokerage.

After I sold, the 75 call option started going up. !!! (THATS HOW MARKET PUNISHES)

Friends as you have suggested, I should completely rethink on my option trading strategies.
I hoped to have a good profit - without having any Discipline / strategy...For the last 2 years I am trading in options and I slowly build a decent profit and ONE DAY and in ONE TRADE all my profits get wiped off and I stand with a loss. In last 2 years I have lost more than 1.5 lakhs. ALWAYS LOSING BIG by buying BULK of CALL/PUT options (NAKED OPTIONS!!!) . I exit with small profits, but lose BIG.

Thinking this as my last chance I have put a capital of Rs.50,000 and hoped to build it on... and will never again bring additional money... So My capital has gone down to Rs44,000 after it increased to nearly 56,000 Rs.

SAIVENKAT suggestion of going through "Danpickup's" Thread on options was a nice suggestion. I am finding the thread very useful but also same time difficult to understand.

I need some DISCIPLINE before again trading in options.
I always think
"I CANT ALWAYS BE A LOSER"

Thanks again friends for your valuable advice...

aditya14

I have been trading options for last 4 years and only turned profitable consistently last year and had consistent profits.The thing is learn to stop losses options is very dangerous in punishing and people`s fuses goes off when loss starts....

Learn the greeks if you want to make money in options.

DanPickUp

I have been trading options for last 4 years and only turned profitable consistently last year and had consistent profits.

The thing is learn to stop losses options is very dangerous in punishing and people`s fuses goes off when loss starts....

Learn the greeks if you want to make money in options.
Yes and no.

There are different ways to make money by trading options and you do not necessarily need to know the option Greeks by doing so.

It was posted in this section of the forum just a few days ago and if any body is to lazy to follow this section at any time, he is not worth to be given answers again and again.

kiranjakka

Status Update : Closed that position selling Qty 32000 at Rs 1.20 on 14th Feb.

LOSS of Rs12000 in this transcation including brokerage.

After I sold, the 75 call option started going up. !!! (THATS HOW MARKET PUNISHES)

Friends as you have suggested, I should completely rethink on my option trading strategies.
I hoped to have a good profit - without having any Discipline / strategy...For the last 2 years I am trading in options and I slowly build a decent profit and ONE DAY and in ONE TRADE all my profits get wiped off and I stand with a loss. In last 2 years I have lost more than 1.5 lakhs. ALWAYS LOSING BIG by buying BULK of CALL/PUT options (NAKED OPTIONS!!!) . I exit with small profits, but lose BIG.

Thinking this as my last chance I have put a capital of Rs.50,000 and hoped to build it on... and will never again bring additional money... So My capital has gone down to Rs44,000 after it increased to nearly 56,000 Rs.

SAIVENKAT suggestion of going through "Danpickup's" Thread on options was a nice suggestion. I am finding the thread very useful but also same time difficult to understand.

I need some DISCIPLINE before again trading in options.
I always think
"I CANT ALWAYS BE A LOSER"

Thanks again friends for your valuable advice...

my suggestion is start trading with at capital of just 5k i am sure you can make it 10k if you are in a right direction holding 10-20 lots on a single trade is very risky as emotions prevail,greed and fear control your mind if you have 10-20 lots ,never the less change you broker to zerodha or somebody like him

all the best

Last edited: