MY Excel stock tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all those kind words....
I am very busy for quite some time now and not getting any time to implement any suggested changes...

Whenever there is an update it will be posted right here..

Regards
Amit

Last edited:
hi buddy i urtracker is a good one. Can u pls check the link http://www.traderji.com/equities/6655-new-trading-method-have-look-its-goldmine.html

this is a method posted by me which has shown mw significant results over a few weeks. But it needs Socks opening HIgher than previous close price n stocks opening lower than previous close price and the respective %. Can u pls include that in the EXcel Stocktracker to CAn u pls tel me how can i make that modification. PLS do reply or PM me.

ronald_peterson said:
hi buddy i urtracker is a good one. Can u pls check the link http://www.traderji.com/equities/6655-new-trading-method-have-look-its-goldmine.html

this is a method posted by me which has shown mw significant results over a few weeks. But it needs Socks opening HIgher than previous close price n stocks opening lower than previous close price and the respective %. Can u pls include that in the EXcel Stocktracker to CAn u pls tel me how can i make that modification. PLS do reply or PM me.

Hi Ronald,

I read the thread mentioned by you a couple of days back... Its nice but I never got the chance to try it out....

I will try to implement it.... but no promise as my workload nowadays hardly allows me any time...

Regards
Amit

Amit - You saved a weeks and weeks of effort for me giving this wonderful tool and utility and also giving the source code. Infact I was sheepish enough to try breaking your password using other means but I failed..I came back and thought Amit cannot be so bad...and lo and behold you have elevated yourself to the next altar..kudos to you man..I was almost breaking my head apart to get/code a similar utility but never understood the intricasies of yahoo or nse bhav copy...Your file works like a charm and I now am happily tracking EOD stocks with much more ease...

Some of my suggestions maybe if you have time could give a next version?

1. When I change the system date to a previous date and hit get data, the program is getting the current data. Is it possible to retrieve previous data? Just a thought..

2. Also if you could generalise this program to not lock the first four rows but make them relative it will help people to add rows above the first three rows for example tracking 52 week high/low, purchase price, target price to buy, target price to sell and then color code themselves to give visual indicators. I will try to see if I can alter your source code to do this, but as you are the author maybe you can do it in a jiffy rather than me nosing around with your stuff??

Once again...you deserve the applauses...

Regards
Satish

Hi All,
I am in need of the Yahoo Stock code list to use this XL sheet. Pls can somebody point me to the complete Stocklist from Yahoo? .....I am sure that somebody would have already downloaded it.

thanks in advance.
Prasad

Here you go.

I got this info from a reply to a previous post.

Yahoo symbols for NSE

Download latest bhavcopy from NSE, Trim the NSE stock symbol to 9 charcters and add ".NS" (without the quotes). This becomes your NSE yahoo symbols.

Not sure of BSE though...

Cheers
Satish

hi amit,
great tool, i've been trying to make something like this for way too long but since i'm not a techie i was struggling to find data i could use web query with. i'm so glad to have found this. if you could advise on how to transpose the rows and columns to have the company names vertically and the open, current etc columns (intra-day sheet, ver 1.4) horizontally, and have the data work, i'd really appreciate it.

Guys,

I have tried to implement as many changes requested here as possible. Here is the link with the 1.5 version of the tracker. Please have a look and comment if you find some bugs.

Amit's Stock Tracker improved version 1.5

Amit - I am not sure if you were working on this, so I took the liberty to do the changes requested. Apologies if I treaded on a wrong space. I wanted others also to benefit from the changes I made to your software according to my needs.

As always feedback welcome.

Regards
Satish

satish_goteti said:
Amit - You saved a weeks and weeks of effort for me giving this wonderful tool and utility and also giving the source code. Infact I was sheepish enough to try breaking your password using other means but I failed..I came back and thought Amit cannot be so bad...and lo and behold you have elevated yourself to the next altar..kudos to you man..I was almost breaking my head apart to get/code a similar utility but never understood the intricasies of yahoo or nse bhav copy...Your file works like a charm and I now am happily tracking EOD stocks with much more ease...

Some of my suggestions maybe if you have time could give a next version?

1. When I change the system date to a previous date and hit get data, the program is getting the current data. Is it possible to retrieve previous data? Just a thought..

2. Also if you could generalise this program to not lock the first four rows but make them relative it will help people to add rows above the first three rows for example tracking 52 week high/low, purchase price, target price to buy, target price to sell and then color code themselves to give visual indicators. I will try to see if I can alter your source code to do this, but as you are the author maybe you can do it in a jiffy rather than me nosing around with your stuff??

Once again...you deserve the applauses...

Regards
Satish

Hi..

Breaking excel macro password is no big task (very simple). But I will advise you to password protect the code to stop any unintended code changes.

You can always share the password .
Regards
Amit

Last edited:
satish_goteti said:
Guys,

I have tried to implement as many changes requested here as possible. Here is the link with the 1.5 version of the tracker. Please have a look and comment if you find some bugs.

Amit's Stock Tracker improved version 1.5

Amit - I am not sure if you were working on this, so I took the liberty to do the changes requested. Apologies if I treaded on a wrong space. I wanted others also to benefit from the changes I made to your software according to my needs.

As always feedback welcome.

Regards
Satish

No worries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.